Night Out

Jean's POV:

The rest of the time before I had to get ready was spent in silence. At first, it was awkward, and then it grew comfortable before Marco left.

"Hey," he turned around and looked at me, grabbing his keys and placing his hand on the door. "If you want to shower and all that before you go, you can use my stuff if you want. There's shampoo and soap in there, the towels are in the closet."

I looked at him from the computer screen, about a page and a half written, "Thank you so much. I can't wait to see you and those photos tonight!"

"Same to you, Jean. Have fun with your friend!"

With that, he exited the door, leaving me to continue writing this article. After the incident earlier, he took the laptop and exited out of all the editing programs he had. I really wanted to go through his stuff on the laptop, just so I could see that photo or others like it again. But, that would be rude of me. It's his private photos, who am I to look at them?

I checked the time, seeing as I should start getting ready. I quickly showered before getting dressed into black form-fitting pants with a blush hoodie for the night in the city with Connie.

Before I knew it, Connie was knocking at the door, even though I told him I'd meet him outside.

"Connie, what the hell?" I asked as I opened the door, not wanting to invite him in since it isn't my apartment. "I gotta get my shoes, I'll meet you down by your car..."

"I wanted to see the place," he laughed, peeking behind me. "It's nice, who's is it?"

"I'll meet you outside," I restated with a somewhat sarcastic tone, pushing him out the door and closing it.

Kay came up to my legs, which honestly scared me since I didn't know if she'd bite me. But then she leaned up against my legs, rubbing herself on me while she purred. I smiled down at the white cat, leaning down and petting her while I put my shoes on. She ran off as soon as I stood back up, saying goodbye to the small cat.

I exited the apartment, using the key that Marco gave me to lock the door behind me. Earlier, I put the key on the key ring with all my other keys that I had on there. I included the engagement ring since I had no where else to put it, knowing I'm going to be selling it to get my money back.

I met Connie outside like I said I would, getting in the passengers side of the car before he started driving towards downtown.

"Alright, spill. Who are you staying with?" He started, not eve mentioning the fact that Emily and I split up.

"His name is Marco, he works at a-"

"Bodt?" He glanced over at me, "since when are you and a pretty-boy friends?"

"Well, first off, I think he's hot," I started. "We met at the plant shop he works at when I was getting Emily a gift... How do you know him?"

"Oh," he chuckled, getting on the highway, "we used to take some classes together. Freckles, right?"

"Lots," I smiled at the memory of him, "they're cute."

"Man, you're down bad," he laughed at me. "You just became single and you're simping for him?"

"Hey, he's given me the more hospitality than I could ever ask for. We just met a few days ago and he took me in. He even made me breakfast this morning..."

"You know he used to date our friend? I'm surprised you didn't meet him sooner."

"Who'd he date?" I looked over at him as he drove, confused.