Choose

Jean's POV: 

Before I knew it, I was sitting at a wire table in front of my office building with my hands still cuffed behind my back, waiting with an officer for the man I beat to a pulp.  

My hand hurt and my shoulders were tensing up from the awkward position.  

Then, before I could blink, the red haired man sat down across from me, another officer at his side.  He wasn't handcuffed like I was, but it made sense since he didn't assault anyone.  

"Listen, I don't know what came over me," I started, but I could tell by his expression that he wasn't looking for an apology.  

"Emily's pregnant?"  Floch asked, concern written all over his face and eyes.  "My child?"  

"She's four months along," I sighed as I read his expressions like a book.  He was no doubt concerned about her and the baby.  "I thought you should know..."

"I'm just upset she didn't tell me," he looked down at his hands, his face swollen and bruised from my attack earlier.  

"It wasn't just hookups, was it?"  I asked, analyzing him.  

"At first, yes.  But she kept coming back to me and I started getting feelings.  But she's carrying my child and didn't tell me?"  He sighed heavily, not being as stressed about the baby but rather that she didn't tell him.

"I'm sorry," I finally stated, "it seems like she's done stuff to both of us."  

"I'm sorry too," he started, finally looking up at me, "I knew she was with you but when she pursued me, I still went for it.  I'm sorry for ruining that relationship."

"It wasn't you," I was honest, "her and I aren't compatible and it took me until I caught you guys to realize it."  

"I'm going to try and talk to her," he took in a deep breath, "do you think she'll let me help her raise that child?"  

This was a side of Floch I wasn't used to.  He isn't self-centered or cocky, he seems like he's being himself.  

"Yes," I mentioned, "we've been going to couples therapy and she kept mentioning you.  I think she just wanted the security with me, I don't think she actually loves me."  

He nodded, "Thank you for this."  

"Thank you, Floch."  

We finished up our conversation before the man left with the officer.  The officer that I've been with all day asked a few more questions before letting me go with a warning, which I will forever be grateful for.  

How in the world is Marco going to forgive me?  

I love him so much and I can't even fathom how he's feeling... 

I went to my apartment a few blocks away, knowing if I return to that building today, I'd get stares and judged.  Even if it wasn't on my floor that I work, my boss saw me.  I just know that it's not going to be good the next time I see him.  

I walked into my apartment, the bare space felt eerie, but better than before.  I looked around and saw the box of my things still on the counter, knowing I never had time to open it and look around my things.  

I finally decided to, finding an envelope right on top as I opened the box.  

Shit, Marco.  You're going to make this day harder for me, huh?

I opened up the letter, reading through his words, reminiscing on his handwriting that I missed so much.  

Jean,