Confession

Marco's POV:

The rest of the week was easy and it went by super fast, it now being Friday.  I was on my way home from work and it was around eight pm.  

I was under the assumption that the group was coming over, but Jean called me earlier while I was on break to tell me that they rescheduled for tomorrow.  Niccolo called off of work so he could spend time with his family, and everyone else agreed to meet in the evening.

Jean has probably been at my apartment for the past two hours, he got off around six and wanted to see me.  Which, I'm happy for because I wanted to see him too.  I haven't seen or talk much since the beginning of the week, and he has me worried about him like crazy.  

I parked my car in the parking lot, grabbing my things and heading up to my apartment, the door already being unlocked.

"Hey," I called into the space, seeing Jean sitting on the counter, scrolling through his phone.  The place smelled like food, my eyes moving to the stove that had food cooking.  

"Hey," he smiled at me and set his phone down, getting off the counter.  "How was work?"

"It was good," I smiled at him in return, half expecting him to come greet me but he stayed in his place.  "It went by super quickly, it was a lot busier today than it was all week," I laughed, taking off my jacket and hanging it up in the closet by the door. 

"That's great," he poked the food with a utensil, moving it around in the pan.  "I'm glad you had a good day."

"How about yours?"  I watched the man intently, he seems off.  He seems like something is bothering him.  

"It was alright, it definitely got better through the week..."

"That's good, I'm sorry to hear it was bad at first," I walked up behind him, snaking my arms around his chest to hug him from behind.  "What are you making?"

His entire body tensed up as he dropped the cooking utensil on the floor.  I let him go as my stomach dropped, him moving out of my arms.

"I'm sorry," he stuttered, bending over and picking up what he dropped.  "I didn't mean to."

I eyed him, nervous that something happened to him.  "Jean, are you okay?"

"Uh, yeah, I'm sorry," he averted eye contact as he grabbed another spatula from the drawer and continued what he was doing.  

Does it have something to do with what happened earlier this week?

"Actually, no," he turned around to face me.

"What's wrong?"  I showed concern on my expression, going behind him and turning off the stove so he didn't have to worry about it.  I took the spatula from his hand and set it on the counter, signalling him to follow me and sit on the couch.  

He sat down next to me, keeping distance.  "I really don't know how to say this," he pulled his hands to his face, covering it.  

I clenched my jaw, that sounding like the beginning of a break up.  "Oh," I choked out, trying to hide any emotions I might be showing.  

He took a deep breath in, exhaling shakily into his hands, "my old boss touched me."  

"What?"  Well, now I feel selfish for thinking this was about me....

"A few days ago, when I went back to work.  She was supposed to tell me where I moved to, but she never did.  She told me to use her, forcing herself onto me even after I told her to stop."