Together !!NSFW!!

Marco's POV:

We sat there in silence, his arm around my shoulders as I leaned into his chest.  Neither of us wanting to address the situation, but it needed to be done.  It needed to be said.

"So," I started with a clear of my throat, "it's not your child?"  

I felt his muscles tighten as he moved uncomfortably, "Yeah.  It's not my child."  

"How do you know?"  I kept my cheek on the intersection of his shoulder and chest, right near his pectoral.  I watched out the window that the couch was facing, no television to block the view.  

His chest moved with a deep breath, "Want the honest truth?"  He laughed awkwardly, causing nerves to shoot up from my stomach, thinking of the worst.  

"Nothing but the honest truth," I spoke softly, staring at a bird that was right outside the window.  

"I realized that her and I haven't gotten intimate with each other since the engagement," his voice was soft, as if he would break me if he spoke any louder.  

The news of that wasn't anything bad, I was expecting worse - that they did get intimate and something was said.  

"Oh."  

"Yeah," he squeezed my shoulder lightly, "but," he sighed loudly, "I kinda lost my shit."  

"What do you mean?"  

"Long story short," he took his arm away from me and leaned forward, causing me to have to shift my body too.  I turned to look at him as he continued talking, "I beat the shit out of Floch, got detained, and lost my job..."  

My eyes widened, he wasn't kidding when he said he lost his shit...

"Jean, what the hell?"  I stared at him as he looked at the floor, his leg was bouncing up and down to combat his nerves.  

"But, I got another job and Floch didn't press charges."

I could tell that this is what he mentioned earlier when he told me 'a lot has happened.'  

"Where are you working now?"  I asked, trying to show that I wasn't upset with him about the situation.  He was hyped up on anger and betrayal.  

"Niccolo's restaurant," he laughed as if it were a joke, "I never expected to be a chef at a five-star restaurant."  

"Your cooking is amazing though," I replied, getting him to be grateful that he has this job, "are you working along side Nic?"

"Yeah, I'm second head," he finally turned his head to look at me.  "Look, I'm really sorry.  I'm not myself when I'm not around you."  

"Jean," I gave a soft smile despite the news that he got detained for assault, "it's okay."

He looked at me with sincerity, gratefulness... devotion, passion, love...  All I could do was reciprocate the feelings.  Then, suddenly, he leaned over and connected our lips once again.  

I moved my lips with his as the tears started pouring down my cheeks once again.  Tears of pain, hurt, sorrow, but also tears of joy, happiness, relief.  I loved this man too much for my own good.

The kiss we were sharing was nothing more than passion between two lovers, not looking to advance.  We just wanted to stay in this moment with one another.  

As he kissed me, his hands came up and cupped my cheeks, wiping them with his thumbs to fight the tears that were on them.  

"I love you so much, Marco," he pulled back for a brief moment, his lips grazing mine as he whispered.  Then, he connected them again, coming back for more.  This time, a little bit more needy.