Work

Jean's POV:

I woke up to the feeling of Marco shaking my shoulders from beside me.

"Wake up, your alarm has been going off for a while now," he was on his knees next to me, using both of his hands to wake me.

I rubbed my eyes, turning onto my back and stretching. "What time is it?"

"6:45," he stopped shaking me but his hands stayed in place on my shoulders.

I wrapped my arm around his waist, pulling him down so he would be laying on me. "I don't have to leave until 7:30, we can stay like this for a little bit longer?"

From the force of pulling him down, he landed on my chest just as planned. "Jean, I want to make you breakfast," he pushed up against my body.

"Please? You don't have to make me breakfast..."

"Well, I have to feed Kay, she always gets fed at 7 and will meow at me all day if it's not the right time."

"Marco," I looked at his face that was pressed onto my chest, "Kay is in between my legs fast asleep." I pointed to the while feline, cuddling up against the back of my knee. "You can wait fifteen minutes."

He stopped struggling, taking in a deep breath and relaxing onto my body. "I swear, if you end up late, you can't blame me."

"I know," I smiled at him, running my hand across his hair, "but you're a good reason to make me want to be late."

He hummed as we both closed our eyes for a moment. That is until Kay got up, pounced off the bed, and started meowing at the door.

"Sorry, Jean, that's my cue," he laughed, placing a soft kiss on my clothed chest before pushing himself off of me. "I'll meet you out there?"

"Yeah, just give me a minute," I stretched again, just to hear Marco snicker as he walked out the door with the cat running by his side.

I laid there for a moment before finally getting the courage to get up and find my things. I took my bag to the bathroom, doing what I needed to do to get ready.

I finished brushing my teeth, the end of my routine. I packed everything back up in my bag, happy with how I look for work. I walked out and met Marco in the kitchen, my bag on my shoulder.

"You look nice," he smiled at me, putting two plates of food of the counter where we sit. "You smell nice too, what is it?"

I set my bag down by the door before sitting down with him to eat breakfast. "Thank you, it's a new cologne that I haven't tried yet." I adjusted the watch on my wrist before taking a bite of the food.

"It smells really nice, you should keep it."

"I think I will," I looked over at him and shared a smile, "now that I know you like it."

He scrunched his nose playfully, "I didn't think you'd be a purple kind-of-guy."

My eyes shifted down to see the outfit I was wearing: a deep purple dress shirt with black slacks as always, pulled together with my usual silver watch and a belt. "What do you mean?"

"Purple looks good on you is all I'm saying, but I didn't expect you to have a purple dress shirt," he took another bite of food while I did the same.

"Well, thank you," I chuckled, "I was going to wear a tie today but I decided against it while I was putting it on."

"Why?" He looked over at me, a crumb of toast sticking to his cheek.

I snickered, pulling my thumb up to wipe it off, "It just didn't seem like a good idea today.  I didn't want to tie it, honestly."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "I can help you?"