31

"I was wondering where were you

"I was wondering where were you. Took you long enough."

She narrowed her eyes at his collective posture, but he must've been affected by what happened in the institute after all he was rushing out of the place with a grunt of pain, "I thought you were merely manipulated by Valentine, but the man before me is nothing but a cold-hearted demon."

"Then why don't you shoot that demon?" He challenged his blue eyes piercing into her, yet her hands never shook, she was unbothered by him, but just as he invaded her thoughts before promising to not hurt her she wasn't sure she would reciprocate his promise. "The arrows are made of electrum, don't tempt me."

"What's stopping you?" Sarah stood her ground her eyes pouring into his. "See, I know something, a little secret, you won't shoot." She shook her head at him, her eyes calculating the demon in front of her, "I wouldn't be so sure."

He ignored her with a wave of his hand, "I think you feel it, Sarah. I know I do. Our connection, it's screaming at you to put that damn bow down to let me go, or to even join me."

She frowned, she wouldn't deny that there is something incomprehensible between the pair, and wasn't it Sebastian which was Jonathan who understood her even when everyone dismissed her feelings, her hands hesitated again but she held tightly fighting his gaze. "What happened in the park is not gonna happen again. Whatever magic you used isn't going to work again."

"You think this is what it was. You're more clueless than I thought."

"Who the hell are you?" The question escaped her lips, with a voice foreign to her ears as it wavered slightly intimated by the guy, or perhaps it was something more. "You know who I am, Sarah. You just can't bring yourself to remember." He tilted his head, "Was it that painful? Painful to you as it was to me."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"I came for Clary, but she wasn't the only one I came for." Sarah laughed a humorless laugh, her lips snarling, "You really are Valentine's son."

Jonathan sighed, "When I thought about you that moment. It never went like that."

"What?" He flicked his wrist and the action took her by surprise that she went flying into the wall, the bow tumbling out of her hand, she grunted in pain, looking around but he was already gone.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

"Is Max alright?" She wondered standing beside Alec in the hallway, he shrugged, his lips forming a thin line, "Yeah, he's awake." Sarah nodded before her eyes settled on the warlock who walked out of Max's room in the infirmary. Sarah patted Alec's shoulder quickly hastening to catch up to Magnus, "Magnus!" She called making the warlock stop in his tracks, he turned to her, "Hey, Can we talk?"

He nodded as they moved to the side for more privacy, she bit her lips as Magnus looked at her expectantly, "I'm sorry. I should have told you about the Soul-Sword. I made a mistake. But you and me" She paused searching for the right words, "We're worth fighting for." Magnus sighed his hand moving up to the brunette's cheek resting on it, Sarah closed her eyes savoring his touch as he started caressing her cheek softly and the brunette was suddenly pulled into a memory.