16

"Sarah" Magnus acknowledged the brunette after he opened the door for her walking further into his living room with the shadowhunter after him

"Hello Magnus" She greeted watching Magnus make a drink giving his back to her, "Um I'm sure you've heard but the Clave---"

"I've heard" He cut her off quickly taking a sip of his drink as she nodded playing with her fingers, "Right"

He sighed watching the brunette, "Would you like a----" She cut him off talking at the same time, "Did you mean it? Back at the city of bones when you said I didn't lose you? Is it true have I really not lost you?" She wondered searching his eyes.

"Sarah, I can't keep doing that with you. I can't keep putting my heart on the line like this just because you're scared" Magnus argued as the brunette took a few steps closer to him.

"Magnus, please. Just this once I need to know" She begged all the while not taking her eyes off of him as if he will disappear from her sight if she looked elsewhere.

Magnus paused for a moment which for Sarah felt like hours before he finally answered, "Of course I meant it, you never lost me. "

"Why?" She wondered.

"What?"

Sarah shook her head, "I push you away I tell you to leave me alone, I give you every reason to abandon me yet you don't, why?" her voice was extremely soft unlike her usual tone that she uses.

This time it didn't take Magnus long to answer, "Because you're worth it, I didn't lie when I said that you've unlocked something in me, you're beautiful, intelligent and brave"

"I didn't lie, too when I said I wanted this but You're right I was scared and I'm still but it's not my choice, I wasn't always like this, Valentine did this to me" She explained walking closer to the warlock, "All my life I've lived in Valentine's shadows, I never got to choose what I want but now I do and I choose you " She uttered the words now barely inches away from Magnus who couldn't kept looking at the brunette's lips as she mirrored his actions as soon as their lips were about to touch, Sarah's phone rang ruining the moment.

"I'm sorry." She pulled away reaching for her phone answering it while still looking at Magnus who smiled at her, "Jace, hi. Of course,I'll be on my way."

She hung up on Jace, "Duty call?" Magnus inquired staring at the brunette who kept fiddling with her phone, "Yeah, I..... It's Jace he says it's important."

"It's okay" Magnus dismissed her as she nodded turning around ready to leave before stopping in her tracks turning back to Magnus, "You know I just realized that I owe you a date." Sarah started a little hesitant.

"Right, how about tonight?" He suggested with his usual cheerful smile.

"That..... That'll be good. Text me?"