32

"How could you do something like that?" To say the brunette was furious was the least to be said about her reaction to that news

"How could you do something like that?" To say the brunette was furious was the least to be said about her reaction to that news. Ithuriel sighed, a sad gleam in his eyes, "Valentine talked to me about a rune that binds two souls like the parabatai rune but without the hassle of the Silent Brothers, he invaded my mind to get to it."

"What would he gain from it? Connecting me to Jonathan." Sarah shook her head, confusion swirling on her face. It was no secret that Valentine liked his experiments but was that really the only reason he took her in? just because of an experiment?

"The marriage between good and evil, angels and demons, the rune doesn't just connect the souls, it connects powers and mind. You two together would have been catastrophic."

Sarah nodded, with determination written on her face she turned to her father, "I need to remember." She couldn't really understand what Ithuriel was saying all she knew was that she needed to remember everything, this was a part of her that Valentine took.

"If you remember, you'll have to put your feelings aside for it, Sarah. Your screams that day were...." Sarah stood up, cutting the angel off, "I don't care. I know what I have to do."

The angel nodded with resignation he tilted his head, reaching with his finger to the brunette's head, she nodded at him before he placed his fingers on the side of her head.

Children laughing, running after each other, "J, Wait up!" the girl giggled struggling to catch up with the little boy, "You're too slow, Sarah." She shook her head laughing with her small feet pounding on the grass.

The two kids clashed their blades together, each one moving at an inhumane speed predicting the other's move, the boy swiped the blade under the girl's legs until she fell on the floor, he put the blade's tip on her throat, "Dead." They smiled at each other before he turned around ready to leave, he was about to walk away when he felt the blade on his spine, "Weak spot." He shook his head smiling turning to the little girl who had a triumphant smile on her face.

The girl raised her head to look at the boy, they were about ten years old now, each one of them wrapped their hands around the other arm, staring at each other in deep concentration  with Valentine standing between them with his stele, "Entreat me not to leave thee,"

"Or return from following after thee-"

"For whither thou goest, I will go,"

"And where thou lodgest, I will lodge."

"Thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God."

"Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried. "

"The Angel do so to me, and more also,"

"If aught but death part thee and me." Sarah and Jonathan shared a smile as the runes over their hearts illuminated, they grinned hugging each other tightly, "Against everything."