6

Meliorn was using his seelie magic to open the entrance of the alternate dimension which involved moving tree leaves preparing the entrance, "I knew the Seelies were one with nature, but

Meliorn was using his seelie magic to open the entrance of the alternate dimension which involved moving tree leaves preparing the entrance, "I knew the Seelies were one with nature, but..." Clary stated watching the seelie with wide eyes.

"This will establish a connection to the other dimension." He explained still preparing the entrance.

"So this other dimension, how's it different than the one we in?" Sarah wondered staring at the seelie with curiosity

"It is an alternate timeline, in a sense. There, Shadowhunters and demons no longer exist." Meliorn stated.

Jace's eyebrows furrowed im confusion, "What?"

The seelie ignored him continuing his explanations, "And Downworlders have conformed to the mundane way of life to avoid detection."

"What happened to the Shadowhunters?" Clary asked him.

"Their services were no longer required, because they won the war against the demons, centuries ago. Once they sealed the rifts between their worlds, their culture faded away. Once you arrive in the alternate dimension, you will assume the body of the Clary in that world. You will think and feel just like her." Meliorn explained.

Clary hesitated for a moment, "But I'll still know I'm me, right? I'll know I have to find the Portal?"

"There's a catch, isn't it?" Sarah wondered with narrowed eyes at the seelie

"Right" He answered before turning to the redhead, "Your alternate self could consume you if you let it."

"Is there a way to not let it?"

"Focus on the differences between that world and ours. Find something or someone to keep you grounded to this one." He advised her as she turned to Jace smiling, "Easy enough."

The redhead nodded turning back to Meliorn, "I'll agree to go alone, but if I find this alternate Portal, I won't be able to face Valentine on my own."

"She'll need us" Sarah stated knowing that Clary was still technically a beginner in the whole fighting demons thing

"If you find the Portal, you may come back for them. Shadowhunters need Seelie permission to go through. Only demons can pass through unaided." Meliorn explained before turning to the gate speaking in a weird language before nodding at Clary who disappeared through the gate.

Alternate universe

"Hi" Sarah opened the door with a big smile on her face when she realized it was Clary her smile somehow grew bigger, "Oh, Clary, hey" Sarah pulled her into a hug crushing the petite redhead.

Clary pulled away startled by the brunette's cheerfulness "Sarah?"

"Don't tell me you're here to let Magnus read your tarot cards, I mean finally" Sarah smiled clapping her hands excitedly.