10

"I believe you have something that belongs to me

"I believe you have something that belongs to me." Valentine stated as Hodge stood in front of him, Sarah was behind Valentine putting her hands behind her back staring at the guy.

"Sarah, If I had known you've been with us, I never would've....." Hodge was saying when the brunette cut him off, "Back at the institute I wasn't but now it's a different story"

Hodge frowned addressing Valentine who had his arms behind his back, "And you trust her?"

Valentine tilted his head to the side, "She's my daughter, I raised her. If I don't trust her then who would I trust"

Hodge took the cup out of his bag, "As we agreed..." He handed the cup to Valentine, "...old friend."

"You've done well, Starkweather. You have earned your freedom." Valentine announced concentrating on the cup in his hand admiring it with a little smirk.

"Thank you. It's been a long time since I've been able to breathe fresh air. To see the outside world with my own eyes." Hodge explained his happiness at being out of the institute after a long time of him being a prisoner.

"Well, take it all in. The world is about to change." Valentine remarked holding the Cup in some kind of red liquid, the liquid started bubbling and becomes a green color, "Let the Cup purify this blood. Only the worthy shall survive." He announced walking to the line of mundanes giving them a few sips.

The first man started retching, falling onto the ground, groaning in pain, "Is he dead?" Hodge wondered slightly horrified at yhe scene before the man stood up again

Valentine smirked handing the man a seraph blade,which lit in his hands, "He's a Shadowhunter" He remarked as he drew a circle rune on the mundane now shadowhunter man

"Raziel's blood runs through your veins. You're now the first in a new order of Shadowhunters. I have given you a great power, but I expect something in return. Jonathan and Clarissa, find them." He demanded as the guy nodded running off.

"What do you need Jace and Clary for? We already have the Cup." Hodge argued, Valentine turned to his daughter who scoffed as he turned back to Hodge, " "We"? " Valentine retorted, "I promised you your freedom, Starkweather. Nothing else." Valentine continued.

Hodge frowned taking a few steps towards Valentine, "Have I not proven my loyalty to you?" He wondered.

Sarah scoffed, "Loyalty? What loyalty are you talking about? You betrayed the people who considered you family. If you've proven anything, you've proven that you're not to be trusted"

"Did you really think that I would allow a traitor into my ranks?" Valentine asked agreeing with his daughter words.

"You've allowed her into your ranks and she wanted to kill you" Hodge argued looking from Sarah to Valentine.