4

"I need your help," Jace said as soon as the brunette picked up her phone as she was walking down a dark street

She stared in stoicism ahead, not reacting to what Jace was saying, "It's so easy for you to blame me when things go to hell, but you have no shame in asking for my help when you need it," She answered.

"I really need your help, Sarah" Jace's voice sounded desperate, making the brunette frown in confusion, "What is it?"

"It's Magnus. He needs your powerful Shadowhunter energy or something like that." He answered as Sarah put her hands in her pocket, taking a few steps forward, "Why would Magnus need me?" She wondered.

Jace paused for a second before answering, "To help save Luke's life." Sarah rolled her eyes, anticipating that answer, "So it all falls back to Clary."

"Familia Ante Omnia," Jace muttered in the phone, trying to get to his sister, who scoffed, "So convenient for you to use that phrase against me, especially when you're asking for---"

He cut her off, not letting her finish, "I shouldn't have to ask, Sarah. You're my sister," Jace stated.

She shook her head, "Funny it didn't seem like that when you were scolding me like a little kid. Goodbye, Jace," She said before hanging up on the blonde shadowhunter walking aimlessly in the streets.

Sarah didn't know what she was doing at this point, all she thought about when she made her appearance to her brother that he'd take her in open arms and make the years she spent in hell go away, but she seemed to forget that Jace wasn't the same Jace he was ten years ago and neither is she.

Sarah sighed in annoyance at herself for standing at the building where Magnus's apartment was, and she wasn't sure if what she was doing was right at this point; God knows she lost sight of it along the way.

She stood at the open door of the apartment, astonished at the chaos that was going on inside; she noticed Magnus' eyes dropping, so she rushed to him. He almost fainted when the brunette held the warlock up.

He stared up at her, reaching for her hand, "Help me. I need your strength." He begged faintly as she nodded at him giving him her hand.

Magnus took her hand. She felt electricity pass through her noticing that her energy was slightly draining by Magnus; after they gave Luke the potion, an exhausted Magnus fell on the brunette's shoulder as she closed her eyes, blowing out a breath.

She turned to Magnus, "Are you okay?" She asked him, frowning at herself for asking the warlock anything or for even showing him a hint of care, but she shrugged it off as Magnus nodded with drooping eyes, "Yeah."

Sarah stood up, ready to walk out of the door when Clary stopped, "Sarah, wait. If you hadn't gotten here in time, I... I'm just... I'm glad you and Jace are okay now. And I'm sorry about earlier."