Phantom traveler

Alison was asleep next to dean, dean heard the door open and creak making him open his eyes.

He kept his body still but reached under his pillow for his knife.

"Morning, sunshine." Sam came around the corner with coffee and a bag, dean looked up at him.

He groaned.

"What time is it?" Dean asked him.

"It's about 5:45."

"In the morning?"

"Yep."

"Where does the day go?" Dean rolled over as much as he could without squishing Ali.

"Dude, your kid sleeps with you." Sam pointed out.

"And?" Dean questioned.

"And maybe you should sleep with some pants on." Sam told him.

Dean looked down at himself, he was wearing a dark blue t shirt, and dark blue boxers. He shrugged.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" He asked Sam.

"Yeah, I grabbed a couple hours." Sam said.

"Liar— 'cause I was up at 3:00, and you were watching a George foreman infomercial." Dean said as he sat up and swung his legs over the side of the bed.

"Hey, what can I say? It's riveting tv." Sam said.

"When was the last time you got a good nights sleep?" Dean questioned him.

"It hard to get any sweep wif you two awound!" Alison groaned into her pillow.

"Sorry, bubs, but if I have to get up this early, so do you." Dean poke her side.

Sam chuckled at them, as Alison shooed deans hands away.

Dean turned his attention back to Sam.

"I dunno. A little while, I guess. It's not a big deal." Sam said.

"Yeah, it is."

"Look, I appreciate your concern."

"I'm not concerned about you. It's your job to keep my ass alive, so I need you sharp." Dean told him. "Seriously, are you still having nightmares about Jess?"

Sam walked over and sat on his bed across from Dean.

"Yeah. But it's not just her. It's every everything." He handed dean his coffee. "I just forgot, you know? This job— man, it gets to you."

"You can't let it. You can't bring it home like that." Dean took a drink of his coffee after taking the lid off, he turned and shook Ali.

"So, what? All this— it never keeps you up at night?" Sam asked him making him turn back.

He shook his head.

"Never? You're never afraid?"

"No, not really."

Sam scoffed then stood up, he pulled deans knife out from under his pillow and held it up.

"That's not fear." Dean took his knife back. "Like you said, I sleep with my kid, that is precaution." He slid the knife back into its place.

"All right, whatever. I'm too tired to argue." Sam said. "Ali, come on, your doughnut's gonna get cold." Sam told her.

She shot up.

Dean gave her a look, she giggled.

Sam chuckled then handed her the bag and her apple juice. Then the phone rang.