Bloody mary part 3

"I was on the job for 35 years, detective for most of that." The man told them. "Now, everybody packs it in with a few loose ends, but the Mary worthington murder— that one still gets me."

"What exactly happened?" Dean asked him.

"You boys said you were reporters."

"We know Mary was 19, lived by herself. We know she won a few local beauty contests, dreamt of getting out of Indiana, being an actress." Sam said. "And we know, the night of March 29th, someone broke into her apartment and murdered her, cut out her eyes with a knife."

Alison looked up at Sam.

"That's right." The guy confirmed.

"See, sir, when we ask you what happened, we want to know what you think happened." Dean told him.

The man got up and went to his closet, he stepped inside and started looking for something.

"Technically, I'm not supposed to have a copy of this." He came back with a box and set it on the table.

Sam and Dean looked at each other then back down at the box, Alison stood on her tippy toes to see, but not even that could help.

"Now, see that there, that T-R-E?" The guy pointed at a picture.

"Yeah." Dean said.

"I think Mary was trying to spell out the name of her killer."

"You know who it was?" Sam asked him.

"Not for sure. But there was a local man, a surgeon, Trevor Sampson. And I think he cut her up good."

"Now, why would he do something like that?" Sam asked.

"Her diary mentioned a man that she was seeing. She called him by his initial, T. Well, her last entry, she was tell T's wife about their affair." The man told them.

Ali looked between the three men.

"But how do you know it was Sampson who killed her?" Dean asked him.

"It's hard to say. But the way her eyes were cut out, it was almost professional."

"But you could never prove it?" Dean asked.

"No. No prints, no witnesses. He was meticulous."

Ali glanced down at her shoes trying to think of what that word could mean.

"Is he still alive?" Dean questioned.

"Nope." The guy sighed as he sat down in a chair. "If you ask me, Mary spent her last living moments trying to expose this guys secret. But she never could."

"Where's she buried?" Sam asked the man.

"She wasn't. She was cremated."

Dean looked over at Sam.

"What about that mirror? It's not in some evidence lockup somewhere, is it?" He asked.

"Uh, no. It was returned to Mary's family a long time ago."

"You have the names of her family by any chance?" Sam questioned.

~~~

"Oh really? That's too bad, Mr. Worthington. I would have paid a lot for that mirror. Okay, well, maybe next time. All right, thanks." Sam hung up the phone.

"So?" Dean asked.

"So, that was Mary's brother. The mirror was in the family for years, until he sold it one week ago to a store called estate antiques, a store in Toledo." Sam explained.