Hook man part 2

"So you believe her?" Dean asked as they walked through the library.

"I do."

"I think she's hot, too." Dean said glancing back at his brother.

"No, man, there's something in her eyes. And listen to this. She heard scratching on the roof and found the bloody body suspended upside down over the car." Sam told him.

"Bloody body suspended? That sounds like—"

"The hookman legend." Sam finished deans sentence.

Alison looked up at them.

"That's one of the most famous urban legends. You don't think that we're dealing with the hookman." Dean scoffed.

"Every urban legend has a source. A place where it all began." Sam pointed out.

"Yeah, but what about the phantom scratches and the tire punctures and the invisible killer?" Dean questioned.

"Maybe the hookman isn't a man at all. What if it's some kind of spirit?" Sam said.

Ali looked between the two of them.

~~~

"Here you go. Arrest records going back to 1851." A woman set two boxes in front of Sam, dean, and Ali who was on Sams lap drinking from her sippy cup.

Dean blew on the top of the box, having it been dusty. He coughed, Ali giggled.

"Thanks." He told the lady.

She nodded and walked away.

Sam ran his hand over the box.

"So this is how you spent four good years of your life, huh?" Dean questioned his brother.

"Welcome to higher education." Sam told him.

Dean gave him a look.

~~~

Alison kicked under the table they were sitting at.

Dean looked up at her as the papers in front of him were bouncing every time she hit the table.

"Stop." He told Alison.

She continued.

"Alison, I said to stop." Dean told her.

Alison giggled thinking it was funny.

Dean got up from his seat, walked around the table and picked Alison up, grabbing her sippy cup as well.

He walked back to his seat and sat down sitting Alison in his lap. He put her sippy down on the table in front of her, and she immediately grabbed it.

He kept one hand on her legs so he could stop her if she kicked the table again.

"Hey, check this out." Sam spoke up making dean his head turn to him. "1862– a preacher named Jacob Karns was arrested for murder. He was so angry over the red-light district in town that one night he killed 13 prostitutes." Sam explained, dean got up and set Alison in his seat then walked over to Sam. "Some of the deceased were found in their beds, sheets soaked with blood, others suspended upside down from the limbs of trees as a warning against sins of the flesh." He read.