Home part 2

"You hear that? A figure on fire." Sam said as they walked down the stairs.

"And Jenny was the woman in your dreams?" Dean asked his brother.

"Yeah, and you hear what she was talking about— scratching, flickering lights? Both signs of a malevolent spirit." Sam said.

"I'm just freaked out your weirdo visions are coming true." Dean stated adjusting Ali on his hip.

"Well forget about that— the thing in the house, do you think its the thing that killed mom and Jessica?"

"I don't know." Dean said a little frustrated.

"I mean, has it come back or has it been there the whole time?" Sam asked, pushing on.

"Or maybe it's something else entirely. Sam, we don't know yet." Dean stated as they stopped walking.

"Those people are in danger, dean. We have to get them out of that house."

"And we will."

"No, I mean now."

"How? You got a story she's gonna believe?" Dean asked.

"Then what are we supposed to do?" Sam asked.

~~~

"We just got to chill out, that's all." Dean said as he leaned against the impala. "If this was any other kind of job, what would we do?"

Alison looked up at dean, then Sam.

"We'd try to figure out what we were dealing with. We'd dig into the history of the house." Sam said.

"exactly, except this time we already know what happened." Dean pointed out.

"I don! I wan know!" Alison said.

"Yeah, but how much do we know? How much do you remember?" Sam asked, both men unintentionally ignoring Alison.

"About that night, you mean?" Dean asked.

"Yeah."

"Not much. I remember the fire..." Dean started.

Ali listened closely.

"The heat. Then I carried you out the front door." Dean finished.

"You did?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, well, you never knew that?" Dean asked him.

"No."

"And, uh, well, you know dads story as well as I do— mom was...was on the ceiling, and whatever put her there was long gone by the time dad found her." Dean said.

"And he never had a theory about what did it?" Sam questioned.

"If he did, he kept it to himself. God knows we asked him enough times." Dean said.

"Okay. So, if we're gonna figure out what's going on now, we have to figure out what happened back then, see if it's the same thing." Sam said.

"Yeah. Talk to dads friends, neighbors, people who were there at the time." Dean said.

Sam chuckled quietly.

"Does this feel like just another job to you?" Sam asked his brother.

Dean didn't answer. Ali couldn't hold it any more, she crawled down to the men, knowing if she stood up on the impala she would get in trouble, especially with her shoes on.

She tapped deans shoulder and he turned his head to her.

She leaned down and whispered something in her ear. Dean sighed.