Devils trap part 1

"They've got dad." Dean said as he flipped his phone shut.

"Meg?" Sam asked.

Dean nodded.

"What did she say?" Sam asked.

"I just told you, Sammy." Dean glanced at him. "Okay. It's okay." He covered his eyes with his hand, rubbing his forehead. "Okay." He went to the dresser, grabbing the colt, and putting it in the waistband of his jeans.

"What are you doing, Dean?" Sam questioned him.

"We got to go. Alison get up." Dean said, stuffing stuff into his bag.

"Why?" Sam asked.

"Because the demon knows we're in salvation. It knows we've got the colt. It's got dad. It's probably coming for us next."

He turned and saw Alison still sitting on the bed, tears in her eyes, she was spaced out.

"Alison!"

Alison looked up at him, then got up out of the bed.

"Good. We've still got three bullets left. Let it come." Sam said.

"Listen, tough guy, we're not ready." Dean said to him. "I don't know how many of them are you there. We're no good to anybody dead." He stated. "We're leaving...now."

~~~

Dean swerved the impala onto the road, speeding down it.

"I'm telling you, Dean, we could've taken him." Sam said.

"What we need is a plan." Dean stated. "And they're probably keeping dad alive. We've got to figure out where. They're gonna want to trade him for the gun." He said.

Sam didn't say anything making Dean glance over at him.

"What?"

"Dean, if that were true, why didn't Meg mention a trade?" Sam questioned.

Dean stayed quiet.

"Dad, he might be—"

"Don't say that!" Alison yelled at her uncle. "He's not!"

"Alison." Dean said in a bit of a warning tone.

Dean knew she was upset, and she had every right to be.

"Look, Alison, I don't want to believe it anymore than you, but if he is, all the more reason to kill this damn thing." Sam said, the first part to Ali, the second part to Dean. "We still have the colt. We can still finish the job."

"Screw the job, Sam!" Dean raised his voice.

"Dean, I'm just trying to do what he would want." Sam stated. "He would want us to keep going."

"Would you quit talking about him like he's dead already?" Dean questioned his brother. "Listen to me. Everything stops until we get him back. You understand me? Everything."

It was quiet for a short moment.

"So, how do we find him?" Sam asked.

"Maybe we go to Lincoln." Dean said. "Start at the warehouse where he was taken."

"Come on, Dean, you really think these demons are gonna leave a trail?" Sam questioned him.

"You're right." Dean said. "We need help."

Alison looked up to her father, her jaw set and brows furrowed.

She wasn't just upset. She was angry. But not just at the demons, she was mad at John too.