Hook man part 1

"All right. Thank you for your time." Sam said then hung up the pay phone.

"Your half-caff venti vanilla latte is getting cold over here, Francis." Dean said.

Ali laughed.

"Shut up." Sam told his brother.

"So, anything?" Dean asked as Sam sat down.

"I had them check the FBI's missing-persons databank. No John Does fitting that description. I even ran his plates for traffic violations."

"Sam, I'm telling you, I don't think dad wants to be found." Dean said. "Check this out." He faced the laptop to sam. "News item out of plains courier, Ankeny, Iowa. It's about 100 miles from here."

"Mutilated body was found near the victims car parked on 9 mile road." Sam read.

"Keep reading." Dean said taking a drink of his coffee.

"Authorities are unable to provide a realistic description of the killer. The sole eyewitness, whose name has been withheld, is quoted as saying the attacker was invisible."

Dean looked over at his little brother.

"Could be something interesting." He said.

"It could be nothing." Sam replied.

"Sammy, it's neber nofin." Alison pointed out taking a drink of her hot chocolate, leaving a whipped cream mustache above her upper lip.

"Ali, one witness who didn't see anything doesn't mean it's the invisible man." Sam said.

"But it tould be." She said. "Gwampa would go."

Dean looked over at his daughter then Sam.

"She's right. Dad would check it out." He said.

Alison smiled, Sam sighed.

Sam looked over at Alison and chuckled, she tilted her head.

"What?" She asked him.

"You've got a better mustache than your father." Sam laughed.

Dean looked offended, Ali giggled.

~~~

Dean parked the impala behind a motorcycle and they got out.

Sam carried ali.

They walked towards the front of the impala and Sam leaned over to dean.

"Why are we here again?" He questioned.

"Victim lived here." Dean replied. "Nice wheels." He told some boys leaning against a car with the hood open.

Both of the boys looked at them.

"We're your fraternity brothers from Ohio. We're new in town— transfers. Looking for a place to stay." Dean said.

~~~

Dean knocked on the door to a room where a boy was painting on himself.

"Who are you?" The boy questioned looking over at them.

"We're your new roommates." Dean told him.

"What's up with the kid?"

Dean looked over at Alison.

"Uh— she has no babysitter." Dean simple answered.

"Oh. Do me a favor? Get my back. Big game today." The boy held the paintbrush out to dean.