Twenty-Two

Harry's POV

It never occurred to me that I no longer have a place to call home, until right now. I don't have a place to stay at. I don't have a place to raise my child at. I barely have enough to live off of. I probably won't be able to stay at Niall's every night. I'm actually surprised Phoebe let me last night. 

"I just wanted to call you and let  you know that...I-I have a pile of your stuff that you left here before you ran off..."

I shouldn't go back...I at least need to get my stuff before I become homeless officially. 

You're an idiot, Harry. Don't look back, it doesn't matter anymore. 

But it does to me.

I wipe off my face and walk out of the small bathroom and back behind the counter. I refuse to look up at the customer with my distorted face. 

"Harry? Is that really you?" A familiar voice asks from in front of me. 

"What can I get for you?" I ask ignoring the man's question. 

"Layla, what do you want?" The man asks the girl. 

"Whatever you get." The girl flirts with Nathan. 

"Two latte's please."

I nod my head and wait for them to give me the money without making eye-contact. 

"Keep the change." Nathan whispers handing me the money. I look up at him confused but he just winks at me. 

"Thank you..." I whisper putting the money in the cash register. 

"Layla, go find us at table to sit at." 

"Fine..." She complains walking away. 

I turn around and get the couple their drinks. 

"If you ever need anything, Harry, I'll be here for you. Always. If there is anything that is ever upsetting you, just tell me. I want to be a good boyfriend to you and I'll always listen if anything is ever bugging you. I love you."

"Okay, Niall."

"You promise you'll tell me about it?"

"Yes. I promise."

"I love you, Harry."

I am the worst best friend ever. 

I set the two drinks on the counter where Nathan was still standing. 

"I would've been sent to an orphanage if you wouldn't have taken me in...I don't know how I could ever thank you for that." 

"Harry, you don't have to do anything-"

"But I feel like I should do something to show how thankful I am that I met you. What do you want from me? Anything, and I'll give it to you."

"All I need is you to be here, I couldn't ask for anything better than that because there is nothing that is better than your presence."

"Liam, for real. Like an actual gift I could give to you. Anything."

"Never leave me, even if you get old enough, I still don't want you to escape my world."

"Liam-"

"Is that to much to ask?"

"I won't leave you ever, but I want to give you a physical object that you will love-"