Ten.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014.

Harry's POV

"I don't want to go." I complain, crossing my arms.

"I know, you've had a long break, but you need to graduate. Then you can do whatever the hell you want." Liam says, not taking his eyes off the road. I turn my head to look at Mikey in the back seat.

"You're lucky you don't have to go to school." I say to her before turning back around. "What's the point of going if I already failed the year?"

"Harry, you have to go to summer school in order to graduate, and I could be put in jail if you don't go-"

"You're not even my real parent so they can't do that." I interrupt him.

"I am your guardian, though." He says, sounding disappointed.

"Yeah, but I am eighteen, I'm going to be far behind, and I don't feel well. There, three reasons why I shouldn't have to go to school." I argue.

"Would you rather go to the hospital? Is that what you want to do?" He says irritated with me.

"God, Liam, I'm fine I just have a headache-" Liam interrupts me before I can finish my sentence.

"Stop complaining, then." He goes through his hair with his hand.

"I'm sorry." I whisper, leaning my head on the window. After minutes of silence, we eventually arrive at the huge school. He parks, and exits the car. I do the same, while he gets Mikey out of the car. "You're not going in with me, are you?" I ask, closing the car door.

"Yes, I am, I have to make sure they get this or else you will have to repeat the full-year." He holds up the doctor's excuse. He places it in his pocket, and takes out the papers I forgot to take out. "What is this?" He asks, holding Mikey against his hip.

"Papers that say I was discharged from rehab." I walk over to him, with my bag in my hands, and take the papers from him. "I'm probably going to need these." I take them, and place them in my bag. I watch as he walks towards the school. "Dad, please don't embarrass me." I beg, catching up to him.

"Don't call me that." He complains.

"Why, you are my dad...In a sense." I remind him, looking over to find him shaking his head. "What?" I smile at him.

"Stop." He mumbles. "I don't want to embarrass myself." He uses his one hand to push the office door open. I follow closely behind him, noticing that Liam is holding Mikey. In public. At my school.

"Liam." I complain.

"What'd I do?" He asks, entering the office.

"Do you have to hold Mikey?"

"Hello, what are you here for?" The secretary asks, interrupting my conversation with Liam.

"Harry Styles is starting today." Liam says with a big smile on his face.

"Okay, let me get his schedule for you." She smiles back at Liam. I watch as the lady enters a room, and quickly exits with a piece of paper and an agenda. "This is for you." She hands it to me from over the desk.

"I just have one question for you, Miss-"

"Mrs. Longstreth, but it's not legal in this state...So, you can call me Miss. Longstreth." She rambles, telling us too much about her personal life.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Liam says awkwardly, scratching the back of his head with his one free hand. "Did you need the doctors excuse for-"

"Yes." She interrupts Liam, with a big smile on her face.