Sixteen.

Friday, March 21, 2014.

Liam's POV

"Daddy, I'm hungwy." Mikey complains, and sits on my lap.

"Mikey, you just ate an hour ago, you're going to spoil your appetite." I lay back on the couch, exhausted from work. I close my eyes, and suddenly open them when Mikey starts rocking her body back-and-forth on my crotch.

"I'm hungwy." The innocent child shouts at me. I grab the child from my crotch, and lay her beside me on the couch.

"You just ate." I scold, looking directly in her eyes.

"I want cookie." She pouts her lip, trying to make me give in. I laugh at my daughter, and mess up her hair with my hand. "Pwease!" She shouts.

"One cookie, and then you are going to take a nap." I say, irritating her.

"I'm thwee now, I don't take a nap anymoe." Mikey tries to speak.

"If you want a cookie so bad, then you're going to have to take a nap. We made a deal, Mikey."

"No, daddy." She complains, and starts kicking her tiny legs to show how mad she is.

"Ow, Mikey, stop." I hold back the child's legs, making her even more irritated with me. "We made a deal." I remind her.

"Well, I gonna bow up the house, and then I don't have to take a nap." She moves her arms to represent an explosion.

"Mikey, if you blow up the house, we won't have any cookies. They'd be burnt to ashes." I smile at the visibly angry child. "I'll take a nap with you, I was at work all night, and I'm very tired." I close my one eye, and cover my yawn up with my hand.

"I not tired." She sits up, sitting partially on my chest.

"Well, I want you to go to sleep, I have to work all night again."

"I be back." She says before climbing over my body to get off of the couch. I close my eyes, and try to take a nap. After a few minutes, someone knocks on the door. I open my eyes to see Mikey running for the door. "I got it, daddy. Go back to sweep." She shouts with her squeaky voice as she tries to reach the doorknob. I get up from the couch, and walk over to the door.

"Mikey, I got it." I watch as she continues to struggle.

"No, daddy." She jumps, and grabs a hold of the doorknob. "I got it."

"You are short, just like your mother." I comment on her height. She opens the door, and reveals a beat-up man.

"Liam-" Niall starts before I interrupt him, going in full-panic mode.

"What happened - are you okay - is Harry okay?" I ask as I help him in the apartment.

"Harry's fine, he doesn't even know this happened." He limps to the kitchen area. I take the door from Mikey's grip, and push it shut.

"Harry's okay?" I ask, feeling instant relief.

"Mhm." Niall groans. I help him walk over to the counter, where I lift him up to set him on top of it. "Ow."

"Who did this to you?" I ask, backing away from the counter to take in Niall's distorted appearance.

"Kyle," He manages to say. "He wanted to know what happened to Harry." He sniffles the dripping blood from his nose.

My eyes widen, "You didn't tell him, did you?" I grab some paper towels from beside the sink, and hand them to him.

"No, he tried to get it out of me, though. I kept my mouth shut." He tries to smile, but stops when his feels the sharp, broken tooth rub against his tongue. He stuffs the paper in his nose to stop the dripping.