Twenty-Three

Tuesday, April 1, 2014. 

Harry's POV

"Harry, I miss the days when you would talk to me. Can you at least acknowledge my existence?" Niall asks me with a big smile on his face.

Eventually his smile fades away and begins to look worried.

"Why have you been so distant, Harry? What happened?" He continues to ask me.

I shake my head and walk away from the boy. "Harry, please tell me." Niall says running to catch up to me.

He manages to get in front of me and stands in my way.

"Why won't you tell me anything anymore?" He says upset that I still refused to talk to him.

Niall, I don't want to talk to anyone.

No one.

"Niall-" I whisper before the tears come out again.

"Oh no, you aren't pregnant again, are you?" He shouts nervously getting everyone's attention.

"Niall-no, I am not pregnant again-"

"Oh thank god."

"Please just stop asking, I'm okay."

Biggest lie I've ever told. I am far from being 'okay'. It's more like...I'm depressed or I'm lonely.

Niall doesn't say anything, he can tell I was lying. I look at the floor but then back at him.

"What ever happened to, 'No Niall, I need you. I need you more than anything in the world.' Guess you don't need me anymore..." He whispers with tears in his eyes. "Thanks, Harry..." He walks away slowly.

I watch as he walks all alone down the hall. As much as I want to run to him so I can kiss him, I don't bother. I let the perfect chance to fix my life just the slightest bit, walk away from me.

You only regret the chances you don't take.

"Niall!" I shout at him hoping that he will turn around and come back.

I watch as he turns around and stops walking.

"Happy birthday, Niall." I shout.

"Thanks, Harry..." He shouts still offended. Niall turns around and disappears down the stairs.

You are the worst best friend in the entire world.

Go over there and fuck him. Go over there and fuck him. Do not let him walk away without a hickey on his eighteenth birthday.

"Bye, Niall." I choke out. I turn the other direction and walk towards the other stairs.

I wipe my tears from my eyes and carefully walk down the stairs. I reach in my back pocket and grab my phone to listen to music. I carefully place my headphones in each ear as I walk out of the giant school. I watch as the torrent of rain falls to the ground in front of me.

I need to get my drivers license.

I take a deep breath in and run into the storm. I take my headphones out of my ears and stuff them into my back pocket.

I am not going to buy a new pair of headphones.

The rain makes it hard to see but I somehow make it across every street without getting hit by a car. I arrive at Daphne's house and quickly knock on the door.

Hurry up, please...

"Hello?" The girl calls out as she opens the door with Mikey around her neck. I can tell that she's annoyed.