Seven.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014.

Niall's POV

"Welcome class, today we're going to start a new section in this chapter. Today we will be on the topic of male pregnancies." The teacher says sounding excited. I get out my book, and turn to the page number that is written on the chalkboard behind the teacher.

"Oh, so we are learning how Niall got pregnant, this should be interesting." Kyle says from across the room. I look up at him, and notice that he is staring at me with an evil smirk on his face. I ignore the people who laugh with him.

"I'm not pregnant, Kyle." I whisper, barely audible. I feel my cheeks heat up as I notice everyone is staring at me.

"Who is that little boy you are always with?" He asks, somehow hearing what I said.

"He's my brother-"

"That's enough, both of you. Get out your books, if you haven't already." Mrs. Jones interrupts me. She looks down at the book, and begins to read. "You probably think it's impossible for a man to get pregnant, right? Recently scientists have discovered that it is possible, even though there has only ever been one reported case of it. There are a few different ways that I man can get pregnant. The first way is a mental condition where the man isn't actually pregnant, it's all up in his head. They experience all of the symptoms of being pregnant, but they aren't. This problem can be resolved by talking with a psychiatrist. Another way is through sexual reproduction, male and female. The pregnancy starts when one ovary cell is fecundated by a sperm cell. The cell travels along the Fallopian tube until it gets to the uterus, where it attaches on the uterine wall. After the implantation, the sperm cell starts growing, developing in an embryo. The embryo grows like in a pregnancy with a female, and the male experiences all the same symptoms of pregnancy."

I've never heard of a man being pregnant, and if it would ever happen, there would be ten different documentaries on this person.

I continue to zone out, thinking about what my children would look like if I ever got pregnant.

They would probably be very ugly considering the way I look.

Suddenly, my thoughts are interrupted by the teacher calling out my name. "Why is it necessary for the male to have a cesarean section before the cervix starts to dilate?" She asks me.

I skim through the paragraphs on the page, trying to find at least a word that sounds similar to whatever the heck she said. "Men don't have vaginas." I say with a disgusted look on my face. I ignore the snickers that come out of a few people's mouths as I hope that was the right answer.

"No, no, he's right." The teacher reassures me.

"Nerd." Kyle pretends to cough. I look up to see his best friend, Luke, not laughing with him like he usually always does.

"After birth, the male will develop breasts so he can nurse the newborn. The final way is also through sexual reproduction, but involving two men. There have been many reported cases of a man, who was formerly a female, having a child, but that's not what we're talking about. In this pregnancy, the man who was born a man is born with all of the female organs, making it possible for the man to carry the child. Once the child is ready to be born, the man will have to get a cesarean section because the male doesn't have a vaginal canal." She continues to read, but is interrupted by Kyle's question.

"Would the man get boobs?" Kyle asks actually interested in the subject for once.

"If you were paying attention, the male will develop breasts so he can nurse the newborn." Mrs. Jones answers his question. "Your test will be sometime next week, so I will give you the remainder of this period to study."