Twenty-Nine

Wednesday, April 23, 2014. 

Harry's POV

I finish writing the last word on the piece of paper before I carefully fold the paper into a small square. I throw the paper in my back-pack, and wipe the tears off my face. I grab my bag from the unfamiliar floor, and open the unfamiliar door. I walk out of the room, and end up at the bottom of the stairs. I look down at my feet as I exit the home, not wanting to look back. I run through the pouring rain, and enter the car. 

"I know it's hard right now, but it will get better. We'll get through this, Harry." He reassures me as I lean my head on the window. I watch as the rain hits the glass, protecting me as if it was some kind of shield. I look past the droplets of rain splattered over the glass, and watch as everything becomes blurry as the car begins to move faster and faster. 

"Harry, I'm sorry." Liam tries to apologize. He continues to repeat himself, expecting me to accept his apology. I don't have the strength to tell him to stop apologizing, even if it is annoying. I block him out as I continue to watch the rain scatter all over the window. I close my eyes, and try to prevent the tear from coming out. I open my eyes, allowing the tear fall onto my cheek. I don't have the strength to wipe it away. 

Liam eventually realizes what he was doing was completely useless. He stops bugging me, and lets us drive in silence for the rest of the car ride. I close my eyes again, losing track of time. I start to fall asleep before Liam wakes me up after a few moments. "We're here." He whispers to me. I open my eyes just for me to close them again when the dim light hit my eyes. "Harry, you're going to be late." He reminds me. "And you hate being late." 

I open my eyes once again, and smile at my boy friend. "I hate you sometimes." I mean to say it as a joke, but it ends up sounding like I was serious. 

He looks at me, offended but I ignore it, and exit the vehicle. I place my book-back on my one shoulder, and somehow find the strength to walk into the large building. I keep my head up, despite how many people point me out, and look at me as I walk passed them. 

"Is that Harry, the man who had a child?" I hear one girl ask another girl in proximity to her. I start to lose my strength as I hear a few laughs from the people who overheard her. 

One more day, one more chance. 

"I heard that the child died because he didn't want everyone to know he had a child." I hear the other girl say back to the original girl. 

I ignore their lies, and somehow make it to my locker. I quickly open the door, throw my shit in the locker, grab what I need for the next class, and close the locker door. I take my books to the same Science class as everyday, and take my seat in the same seat as I always sit in. To my surprise, only the teacher and I were the only people in the classroom. I was earlier than usual because Liam and I didn't have to worry about getting Mikey and Dylan ready for the day since we already had Daphne there to watch them while we are gone. 

I grab a piece of paper from one of my notebooks, and take out the pencil from my back pocket. 

One more day, one more chance. I will use one more chance I didn't have to spare for one last time. One more day of memories, one final chance. I ran out, and owe one. One chance to change my perspective. One more chance. 

I close my eyes again, inhaling and exhaling. I open my eyes once I gain the strength to continue writing. 

My life crumbled into pieces, every part of me turned into dust. On the edge of the universe holding onto a string destined to break in half, perplexed when it will break. When it does, let fate be fate. Not everyone gets a fairy-tale ending.