Chapter 25

Ivy woke up to strange mewling sounds.

Taehyung was curled up behind her on the large couch, his hand laid on her belly; he'd probably passed out while rubbing it. She could see Jin's handsome face a few centimetres from hers from his position on the carpeted floor, his mouth slightly open and gentle snores coming from it. Hobi and Jimin were cuddled up beside Yoongi on the adjacent couch, all three boys dead asleep amidst various snack wrappers. The soft sounds came from Jungkook, who was asleep on the floor, face scrunched up in pain or fear.

He was having a nightmare.

Ivy carefully disentangled herself from Taehyung, stepped over Jin and managed to sit next to Jungkook without waking anyone up, which was a feat in itself due to her large baby bump. Now that she got closer, she could faintly make out words from Jungkook's cries and what she heard made her heart break all over again.

The first time she heard about Angela was when she'd just started liking BTS. There had been rumours of a gorgeous Chinese vlogger being spotted with RM but ARMY didn't seem to go as rabid as they would with dating rumours about the other members, so she assumed they were just rumours. The second time was when she'd overheard Jungkook and Jin talking about the former restarting his therapy sessions, which she came to learn a few strategic questions later were because of Namjoon's ex. To say Ivy instantly hated her was an understatement.

It came as a shock that Angela wasn't arrested for her crimes, though. Jin had told her that Jungkook had absolutely refused to press charges against her and forbade the guys from doing so too. Jungkook worshipped his Namjoon-hyung, he wouldn't do anything to upset him, so he chose to let the incident slide because Namjoon loved his girlfriend too much. Nobody else even knew about the incident except the boys, their therapist and now Ivy, and everyone was sworn to secrecy. She neither understood his reasons nor did she agree with them, but she couldn't do anything other than respect them. Hopefully one day he'd be brave enough to speak up and put her behind bars.

Looking down at the man squirming beside her now sounding scared out of his mind, Ivy felt like going back in time and stabbing that witch with a fork.

"Kook...Kookie, wake up," she whispered, careful not to wake the other guys or startle Jungkook too much. His eyes opened, eyes darting around till they met hers.

"Ivy?" He croaked, visibly less frightened.

She swept his slightly damp hair back to kiss his forehead. Jungkook couldn't help but crack a small smile. Sometimes Ivy reminded him of his mom.

"You had a nightmare, so I had to wake you up," she explained. He nodded, his brow furrowed as he tried to remember what he'd been dreaming about but it eluded him yet again. Only then did he register his achy muscles from sleeping on the floor and the pregnant girl seated uncomfortably next to him.

"Will you sleep next to me?" He asked Ivy, a faint blush colouring his cheeks. Ivy was very close with his hyungs, and she often slept in the same bed as them, but he'd never shared a bed with her. Ivy had became almost like a sister to him,and he didn't want to seem like a pervert if he accidentally touched her inappropriately in his sleep, even though he knew she wouldn't mind, so he'd kept things very cordial between them. Tonight, however, he needed comfort, and she was the best at giving it.

Ivy almost cooed at how cute he was and agreed with a huge smile. She had to suppress a squeal when the maknae hoisted her up in his arms; he often liked flexing his strength by carrying her everywhere. He laid her gently on his bed then crawled behind her, spooning but barely touching. Ivy rolled her eyes and scooted back, ignoring his protests until Jungkook stopped struggling. They fell asleep like that, both enjoying each other's heat and comfort.

___________________

" They are so cute, hyung!"

"Meh. I'm cuter."

"You think JK likes her too?"

" It doesn't matter...Vee's mine."

"...and Jin-hyung's and Yoongi-hyung's, bitch you ain't special."

"Shut up, Jimin!"

"Yes, shut up Jimin, and ew gross, I don't like Ivy like that...unlike the rest of y'all I'm not into love pentagons, thank you very much. Now get the fuck out of my room," Jungkook spoke up, startling the four guys looking at him and the girl passed out beside him like lab specimen. Yoongi simply walked out, dragging Hobi with him as he cooed once again at their cuteness. Jimin complained about his lack of manners to his hyungs, and Taehyung's extra ass pointed to him with narrowed eyes and an "I'm watching you" gesture that made his eyes roll.

"Ouch, I'm gross?" Ivy's playful raspy  voice almost made him jump out of bed. That was definitely not the language he expected.

"I-uh-NO! How did you-I mean...I was just joki-"

Ivy burst out laughing at him. It made the struggle to hide the fact that she was almost fluent in Korean nowadays worthwhile seeing the look of absolute horror on his face.

"Yeah I learnt Korean...had to find something to do when you guys were working," she explained." You might want to let Taehyung and Jin know, too. It's hard pretending not to understand them discussing my ass and boobs  during movie nights."

Jungkook could only laugh. Oh man, he DEFINITELY wasn't going to tell his hyungs.

"So you heard everything? How long have you been up?" He asked once they stopped giggling.

"Since you left the bed some hours ago," Ivy replied, sitting up on the bed, "I couldn't sleep much."

Jungkook's face grew sombre at those words.

"Look, I wanted to talk to you about something," his tone sounded hesitant so Ivy nodded for him to continue and took his hand, proceeding to draw circles aimlessly. Jungkook smiled at her constant need for touch, before getting serious again.

"When I left the room to get some water, I bumped into Namjoon-hyung getting in the house," he began, noting how Ivy's eyes lost their shine when he mentioned his brother, making him feel more guilty about what he was about to ask of her," Ivy, he looks terrible. I've never seen him that devastated, even when he found out Angela cheated on him. I'm worried about him; Joon doesn't have a lot of people who love or support him apart from us and ARMY, and sometimes he fucks up, like what he did to you, but he has the biggest heart and the purest intentions. I'm not asking you to forgive him or for things to go back to how they were, but could you please talk to him? He cares about you, I've seen it; please don't give up on him."

Ivy sighed. To be honest, she'd been unable to think about anything else since last night. After the initial anger, she felt like she'd been a little too hard on Namjoon. Yes, he'd been wrong, but so had she...violence, especially in her vulnerable state, had been a bad idea. Her pride had been the only thing that stopped her from running back into his arms and apologizing over and over last night at the hotel, so she just smiled and nodded at Jungkook.

"I was going to do that eventually, but I think I needed that push," she admitted with a small chuckle, " I'll go talk to him after breakfast."

Forty minutes later, Ivy regretted the decision to make amends with Namjoon. She stood at the doorway of his room, staring at the half-naked man, not believing her eyes. Dark hickeys littered his neck and chest, making Ivy's chest tighten in pain even as she reminded herself that he owed her no loyalty. He could sleep with whoever he wanted and she just had to be okay with it.

She opened her mouth to speak, but caught his guilty expression laced with fear, and she just knew.

Namjoon fucked Angela.

________________________________________