Chapter 6.

In the days that followed Mia's first nightmare since returning to Hogwarts, she was in a foul mood. Every night she would take a wide eye potion so she would not slip into that fateful state that others called sleep.

She had mountains of homework so she resorted to doing it in the early hours of the morning since she had nothing better to do, she barely ate however Sirius and James were becoming rather cynical at forcing her to.

And top it all off that morning she received a letter from none other than Walburga and Orion Black.

The great hall was alive with chatter and filled with people munching on the assortment of breakfast food available. But when the black family owl swooped through the doors and dropped a small envelope in-front of Mia's empty plate, all the noise seemed to drown out.

This was not good news.

So she rushed out the hall ignoring James' shouting after her.

Why was James calling out to her? Surely he didn't actually care about her. He was just Sirius' best friend who felt sorry for his mates' stupid twin sister. She couldn't let herself fall for him anymore.

It would never work.

Even if by some miracle he did reciprocate her feelings, she could never act upon them. I guess you could say she was pretty damn scared of rejection.

And Mia could never miss the way he still flirted with Lily or how his face seems to light up like a Christmas tree whenever she was mildly near.

Mia ignored him and swiftly walked towards the third floor bathrooms. She sunk to the floor and stared at the putrid wax seal.

Toujours Pur was enscribed beneath the Black house emblem. What a sick saying. It made bile rise in her throat as she thought about the beliefs her family tried to force upon her. As she opened the letter tears had already began streaming down her face. Mia thought that this seemed to be a regular occurrence now.

She hated crying, it made her feel weak. And she wasn't weak. She was strong. She wore her mask of bravery very proudly, but occasionally it would crumble and make way for the vulnerable face that lies beneath. But she would never let anyone see that. She couldn't.

Mia Estella Walburga Black,

I am absolutely disgusted. You filthy blood traitor. We have received many letters from concerned friends of ours informing us of the traitorous company you keep. How dare you besmirch the noble house of Blacks name by associating with blood traitors and mud bloods. Your punishment shall be severe. You are lucky that you still have a place to call home. If we hear more news of this behaviour you are finished. You will be out. But you shall not be so lucky as Sirius. For you have no where to go. So think carefully about your decisions child. Heed my warning.

W.I.B

Mia's world felt grey.

Devoid of all life.

As thigh it had stopped spinning.

Even though she thought she was in her safe haven, her parents had still managed to snake their way in and taint the homely warmth of Hogwarts with their dull demeanour, even if it was only through a letter.

But she let out an ironic and humourless laugh. Home. Her mother thought she was lucky to still be allowed to live at Grimmauld Place. Her mother thought that Grimmauld Place was home. To Mia it was comical. She had never once in her life called Grimmauld place home. But she soon realised the severity of her actions. She would have to tread very carefully now. Because like her mother told her before. She has nowhere to go.