Chapter 56.

"Oi careful Sirius!" James yelled as the twin sprawled himself out over Mia.

"Gid put that down!" He screeched as Gideon inspected the medication that stood on Mia's bedside table.

"Marlene! Marlene I swear on Merlins left ball sack if you open that hip flask I will throttle you." James growled as the blonde stuck her hand out in an attempt to subtly slip Mia a swig of fire whiskey.

"Sorry mum." She murmured in a funny tone.

The others all laughed hysterically at James's concern as Mia was almost entirely healthy other than minor headaches and slight fatigue.

But really his worry was heart warming. And it made Mia swoon for him.

She had never felt so loved.

Loved.

Mia patted the bed once again for him to cuddle back into her. She rested her head on his shoulder for the second time that day.

A permanent smile had been etched in her face for most of the morning.

She had cried when Dumbledore and Madam Pomfrey had told her about her magic. But she wasn't as devastated as she thought she'd be.

Maybe she'd had so much time to prepare for the inevitable that she just wasn't shocked. Or maybe it just hadn't sunk in yet.

The latter was far more likely.

But none the less, after James consoling her and telling her of the hope they had to break the curse, she felt somewhat better.

You could even say she felt kind of peaceful.

Her smile had appeared when the Marauders and Lily, Alice, Marlene, Mary and the Prewett twins had waltzed through the hospital wing door upon being informed that their Mia was finally awake.

And it hadn't left her face since.

"Anyone got any nosh? I'm fucking starving." Mia said just as her stomach grumbled.

Marlene patted down her pocket and procured a spliff.

"This is all I've got." She said with a smirk.

"Marlene!" Lily shrieked and knocked it out her best friends hand.

"Oi! That shits expensive." She grumbled.

"I can go to the kitchens and get you something." James said sweetly.

"Well can I come with you? It's just I've been lying in bed for fuck knows how long and I want to breathe some air you know?" She said.

The others all nodded their head in understanding. All of the others aside from James that is.

"No no no. You can breathe air perfectly fine in here. No need to venture out into the kitchens is there." He shrugged as he anxiously bit his nails.

He was terrified that Mia would hurt herself. Not that he would say that out loud.

"Mr Potter, when Mia feels ready to leave, there is nothing stopping her. From a medical perspective, she is free to go as she pleases now." Madam Pomfrey phrases gently.

"F-fine." He stuttered.

"Alright then wankers, clear off so I can get changed." Mia announced.

After five minutes of grumbling and groaning and picking up spliffs and hip flasks from the floor everyone was gone aside from James.

"I need to get changed first. I've been in those clothes for way too long." Mia said with a groan as she swung her legs over the edge of the bed with much difficulty.