Chapter 43.

Losing something that means so much to you that it feels as though without it you would never be quite the same.

Something that is the twinkle in your eye, the colour in your veins, the joy in your laughter. It is enough to drive a person to the peak of misery.

So for the girl who's magic was the very essence of her being. Had kept her sane in the walls of dark Grimmauld Place, kept her happy when she thought she'd never smile again, she couldn't even think about it being taken from her so cruelly without letting a single tear of sorrow escape.

"No." She said firmly.

"What do you mean 'No'?" James said to her in a soft yet confused tone.

"I mean no James." She sighed.

She took his hand in her own and linked their pinkie fingers.

"I'm not letting him take it."

"Love, I don't think you can stop him." He whispered.

"Listen to me! I did not go to a fucking wizarding school for 7 years to just lose all my bloody magic to a physcopath." She laughed.

Because she meant it.

She genuinely couldn't live withhersout her ma so there was no point in worrying. Because she would find a way to keep the sorcery in her blood.

She had to.

They sat in silence for a while. Both knowing that they would need to have some very serious conversations with those they cared about soon. After all that had happened, the truth needed to be told sooner rather than later.

Mia yawned and broke the silence.

"Can we actually go to bed now?" They both chuckled.

In reality both teenagers had not let the news sink in entirely yet. Hence their lack of concern.

But really they should have been more concerned.

After all, this would be life changing.

But earlier that night they had been dancing in the rain, free, happy. And they weren't quite ready to shatter the bubble of joy they were living in.

So hand in hand Mia and James wondered the halls of Hogwarts stumbling towards the dormitory.

"Stop!" They heard someone giggle.

"No. Your so ticklish it's fucking hilarious." Another voice replied.

Mia and James cautiously peeped round the corner to find the source of such noise. They assumed that since the thunderstorm was still raging outside that everyone would be cozily tucked away in bed but apparently not.

Two heads of vibrant red hair were chasing each other down the hall and taking jabs at one another in futile attempts at tickling.

"Lily?" James questioned.

"Fabian?" Mia asked.

The pair of gingers whipped their heads around at the sound of their names and instantly felt a fiery blush rise to the cheeks.

"Yes?" They both whispered in unison.

Fabian was a little angered. The way Mia had spoken his name sounded shocked, like she was in disbelief that he was with another girl. He couldn't for the life of him think why though. He knew his feelings for her had been unrequited so she should have absolutely no issue with him exploring another relationship. And the fact that she was dating James just added to his confusion.