Chapter 25.

Evelyn raced around her dormitory fetching several things to help herself and Mia get ready for the large party being held in a few hours time.

Mia was currently a nervous wreck on Evelyn's bed. She had no idea what she was going to wear. No idea how she was going to do her hair. And absolutely zero clue on what make-up to put on.  To say it was going badly, would be an understatement. Weren't parties supposed to be fun?

Evelyn did several spells on herself to dress and to do her hair. But she insisted on doing Mia's mostly by hand considering she would be the centre of attention.

The party was meant to be quite casual but the girls would all be wearing dresses or dress-like outfit attire so Mia of course would need to wear something such like to fit in.

Evelyn had selected two dresses for Mia to pick between. The pip girl knew Mia like the back of her hand and so she had picked items of clothing that would not expose any of Mia's insecurities to the world. Not because she thought Mia needed to hide them, but because she wanted Mia to feel confident and happy at this party seeing as she was already nervous enough.

Mia first slipped on the emerald green dress with short spaghetti straps that complemented her collar bones. The bodice of the dress rose rather high meaning that not a lot of her chest was exposed. However the fact that her arms were completely on show made a funny feeling settle in her stomach. She never used to be self conscious about her arms, but once in summer when she had foolishly worn a vest top at Grimmauld Place during dinner. Her parents insults had been so hurtful that they had created new insecurities on her body.

She stared at herself in the mirror already having decided this was not the dress for her and went to the next one. It was a deep crimson colour with lace sleeves and a silk skirt that fell to her mid thighs. She quite liked this dress. But the dress had no shape or cinched waist so it made her figure look rather horrendous and box like.

Both of Evelyn's choices had been quite awful. And on top of that Mia was no longer in the party mood after picking apart her appearance to that extent. Even though her hair was beautifully straightened and shiny, and her face looked flawless with the perfect layer of makeup brandishing her features, she still  couldn't feel beautiful as she stared at her body in the mirror.

Evelyn had begun rifling through her wardrobe in an attempt to find Mia another suitable dress.

Her fingers brushed over a soft silk item so she swiftly pulled it out. A beautiful black dress with the tiniest slit on the thigh to reveal a little skin. It was perfect.

Mia slipped it on and felt herself instantly smile at how it hugged her curves. The bodice hung forward slightly giving the dress shape as it rippled down her front. The skirt covered the jiggliest parts of her thighs making her feel so confident that she didn't even register how her arms were on show.

This time when she looked in the mirror. She smiled. A genuine, hearty smile.

She felt beautiful.

Truly beautiful.

The way her hair framed her face. The way her eyes sparkled. The way the dress hung on her body.

She felt beautiful.

Mia and Evelyn then linked arms and began happily strutting towards the Room of Requirement.

As they stood on the 7th floor waiting for the door to appear, Mia was getting shaky with worry once again. Her eyes were growing slightly glassy.

The door revealed its self and James Potter swaggered out and held out his hand to Mia. 

"Birthday Girl."