Chapter 48.

A bright light peeked through the Scarlett drapes of James' bed and shone directly into Mia's closed eyes. She squinted dramatically as the heavy body smushing her into the bed groaned at her awakening.

She stretched the best she could whilst being crushed by a tall teenage boy and shot up suddenly as she realised her and James had slept all night.

Which meant today was the day James Potter turned 18 fucking years old. Even though he still behaved like a 5 year old who just got told they couldn't have anymore candy.

She gently rolled the boy off her and shot out the door to wake Lily in the next door dorm.

However, when Mia burst through the door, she was met with a sight that made her want to drag James down and see for himself.

Two heads of ginger hair lay sprawled out across Lily Evans pillow.

"Rough night ey?" Mia shouted at the top of her lungs to wake the sleeping couple up.

Fabian yelped and jumped on top of Lily to protect her bare body from whoever was in the room.

His eyes widened as the duvet slid off himself to reveal his bare backside.

Mia screeched loudly and covered her eyes.

"Shit! Shit! Fabian grab the bloody blanket!" Lily yelled as Fabian continued hovering above her to protect her modesty whilst failing to keep his own in tact.

"Here I'll get it." Mia said through fits of hysterical laughter as she kept her eyes covered. She stumbled forward in the direction of the blanket but tripped over when the door burst open again.  She screeched in pain as her wrist bent at an awkward angle as she fell.

"Where's the fire?" James yelled as he ran in but instantly recoiled comically as his eyes met Fabian Prewett's arse.

"Oh for fucks sake. What is this? A mother's meeting?" Fabian groaned.

James stepped forward and grabbed the blanket from the floor stepping over his girlfriend in the process.

He threw Fabian the blanket so him and Lily could settle comfortably and covered.

"What are you doing down their Echo?" James questioned with a chuckle as he lifted his girl from the floor. She whimpered slightly and the smile vanished instantly from James's face.

"What's wrong?" He asked slightly panicked.

"N-nothing. I just hit my wrist a bit hard when I tripped." She said with a grimace.

"Let me look." James said.

He gently lifted her arm to look at her already bruising wrist.

"Shit Mimi." He said with a frown.

"That looks broken to me James." Lily said as she inspected Mia's injury from her bed.

"Come on then love I'll take you to Madam Pomfrey." He said with a reassuring smile as she tried to contain her tears.

"No no. It's your birthday. I'm not ruining it." She said adamantly.

James simply ignored her and led out the dorm heading towards the hospital wing.

"I'm such a shit girlfriend aren't I." She said with a sniffle cradling her painful arm.

James simply rolled his eyes and kissed the side of her head.

They entered the wing and James kindly explained to the medi-witch what had happened all the while rubbing Mia's back in an attempt to soothe her.