Chapter 57.

Albus Dumbledore was many things, but sensitive wasn't one of them.

He had declared that should Mia feel well enough to do so, she could continue to attend lessons as normal.

However, due to her distinct lack of magic, she would be restricted to the theoretical side of learning meaning that in the event of her regaining her abilities, she would still be as academically able as the rest of her peers.

The headmaster had not once stopped to consider how detrimental this may be to Mia as it would be unimaginably painful for her to be stuck in a constant loop of reminders of what she had lost.

None the less, Mia appeared to be in extremely high spirits.

It was the last few remaining weeks before the Easter holidays. The last holiday they would ever have at Hogwarts, for the next time the 7th years left for summer, they would not be returning.

It was also the last few weeks of calmness before the reality of the NEWT exams would dawn on everyone.

It was Thursday evening and the coming weekend was Hogsmeade weekend meaning a certain buzz was in the air.

Mia, Regulus and Evelyn were quietly walking through the hallways towards the Gryffindor tower. Each teen had a bottle of alcohol in their hand that sloshed around slightly with each step they took.

Marlene had claimed swelter that day in Muggle Studies that she was in a desperate mood for a good smoke and drink with her best friends. So they'd all agreed to have a casual hangout with a little bit of alcohol and a little bit of Mar's muggle herb.

"Brave heart." Mia muttered the password with an eye roll as the portrait swung open.

"We come bearing gifts." Evelyn announced as she swung the bottles of fire whisky in the air.

Mia's eyes flitted to James and a rosy blush coated her cheeks. Ever since the moment in the hospital wing where Madam Pomfrey had unknowingly interrupted them, she'd been a bit shy around her beloved boyfriend. Her blushing may also have something to do with the large hickey her neck was sporting from earlier that day. From when her and James had engaged in a rather heated make out session which ended up with Mia having her very first ever hickey.

James was sat by the arm of the sofa with his legs casually spread in a relaxed posture. He was wearing a pair of beige loose fitted jeans, and a baggy long sleeved shirt with some muggle surf brand on it.

In other words he's looked really bloody hot.

James looked up at his girlfriend and inspected her poorly hidden hickey. His eyes met hers and he smirked knowingly at her blushing face.

He patted the open seat next to her and she rushed over, slightly uncomfortable with her newfound nervousness.

A few hours went by and most of them were slightly tipsy.

"Give..." Mia slurred but was interrupted by a hiccup. Mia was slightly more than tipsy given her lightweightedness.

James chuckled at her as he was entirely sober knowing that his friends would most likely need someone to behave remotely like an adult towards the end of the night to make sure that no one got alcohol poisoning or broke a bone from trying to get to bed without help.

"Give me that thing please Mar!" She shouted gesturing wildly to the spliff in Fabian's hand.

"Love I don't think that's a good idea." James whispered. Mia didn't smoke often so he wasn't keen on the idea of her doing it when she was already in a state of inebriation.

"Shhhhhh." Mia whispered while tapping his mouth to silence him.

She brought the spliff up to her mouth and inhaled very deeply as Fabian winced anticipating her oncoming coughing fit. Lily whacked her boyfriend, scolding him for giving the poor girl "an illegal substance when she's clearly off her face".

As soon as the smoke hit the back of her throat she began violently coughing. Her airway clogged with a very large amount. James laughed at her while everyone else tried to secret their giggled not wanting to upset the drunk girl.

Mia continued her her coughing fit so much so that tears leaked out her eyes.

James rubbed her back soothingly to try and help whilst he was still hysterically laughing at her.

After a few minutes her coughing calmed down and she sprawled herself dramatically against James.

"Why the fuck did you let me do that?!" She whisper shouted.

"That was some nasty shit Mar." She pointed at the blonde who had given Fabian the joint in the first place.

"O-kay. I'm taking you to bed now. We still have classes tomorrow dipshit and you are going to be very hungover." James tutted as he hauled Mia off the sofa.

They bid everyone goodnight and settled down snuggled together in bed.

The next morning Mia got ready in silence and didn't touch her breakfast. She felt weird about today.

It would be her first lesson of Defence Against the Dark Arts, without magic. And it just felt wrong.

James could sense her worry as he rubbed his thumb across her thigh under the table.

The others were all squabbling over something stupid oblivious to her worry but James could never miss something so obvious.

"Hey pretty girl. Those pancakes aren't going to eat themselves." He leaned down to whisper in her ear.

Mia looked up at him with slightly glistening eyes.

"Not hungry." She mumbled.

James rustled around in his pocket until he found what he was looking for. Earning some very judgemental looks from some of his house members James just shrugged as he procured a whole mango.

Mia's eyes watered slightly further as her heart swelled.

"I thought you might say that, but I know you can't turn down a bit of mango." He chuckled.

With a flick of his want the mango was peeled and chopped into perfect chunks ready for Mia to eat.

"I'll always look after you Mimi." He said with with a cheesy grin.

He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Even if that means carrying around a mango in the pocket of your robes everyday?" She questioned.

He pecked her forehead.

"Even it that means carrying around a mango in the pocket of my robes everyday." He nodded.

Can I just say all the recent comments have honestly made me cry a bit. You'll never understand how much the encouraging words of readers means until you start writing. It is honestly one of things that makes me carry on this book. It gives me so much motivation and puts a big fat smile on my face.
Look after yourselves beautiful people.
Love you guys. ❤️
~M