Chapter 7.

That night Mia was lying in bed debating weather or not she should try to get some sleep but when she thought about her fathers cold grey eyes staring into her soul, she thought against it.

So she hauled herself out of bed and wrapped her coat around herself, she ventured down from the dormitory and headed out of the dungeons along the corridors. But when she turned down one particularly dark hallway she heard hushed whispers. She slid into the shadows to hide her body from view. Mia was a naturally nosy person so she didn't think twice about eavesdropping. But when she heard the familiar deep voice of James Potter she became increasingly more interested in the conversation at hand.

"Okay Padfoot, you have to make sure-" James started but was interrupted by Sirius.

"For the 100th time Prongs yes I will get everything ready." Sirius replied in a bored tone.

"Tomorrow, I may just have a girlfriend Sirius." James exclaimed excitedly.

Mia's heart skipped a beat at this. Could what James just said have been confirmation about his feelings towards her? After all the intimate moments and conversations they'd been sharing lately she thought tomorrow may finally be the day she and James Potter confess their feelings. Excitement bubbled through her stomach and she raced back to Slytherin dormitories. She jumped into bed and screwed her eyes shut. Waiting patiently for sleep to overcome her and for the sun to arise. She felt like a child on Christmas Eve.

As soon as a shimmer of dappled light illuminated the room, Mia jumped off her bed and practically sprinted to the common room. She had to look perfect, and there was only one person who knew just how to make her look like that.

Evelyn Pip.

Mia raced through the castle and banged on the Hufflepuff barrel door. A dreary eyed 3rd year opened it but Mia didn't give them a second glance before bolting inside and yelling at the top of her lungs.

"EVELYN GRACE PIP!"

She could hear someone scrambling about upstairs and then the loud thudding of footsteps down the stairs. Evelyn appeared looking frightened. Her hair was knocked into an extremely messy plait and she was wearing her school uniform but her shirt was untucked and her tie was slung awkwardly over her shoulder.

"Bloody Fuck Mia." She exclaimed as her heart slowed down.

But Mia was already tight for time, so she grabbed Evelyn's wrist and dragged her back across the castle to her dormitory.

They both flopped on the bed and caught their breath.

"Merlin we're unfit." Evelyn said through puffs of air.

"Pipsqueak. I need your help." Mia said seriously. She was panicking now.

"What. What's wrong. What did you do?" Evelyn said suspiciously.

"Hey! I didn't do anything." Mia defended

" I think, uh well you see-" Mia stumbled over her words reading it was quite hard to explain.

"Spit it out Mimi!" Evelyn shouted earning groans from Mia's Slytherin dorm mates.

"IthinkJamesPotterisgonnaaskmetobehisgirlfriendtoday." Mia said in one breath.

Evelyn smiled softly realising Mia was extremely nervous. So she gripped Mia's hand tightly and sent her an encouraging grin.

"I overheard James and Sirius talking last night and I think James might ask me out today." She said sheepishly.

Evelyn took a moment to process and then shot out of her seat and into the bathroom.

"Right well we have no idea when he's gonna ask you-" she began.