Chapter 50.

As April rolled around at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the spring weather did not bring the warmth of growth and happiness. But the chilling cold of misery and darkness.

Death eaters had struck Diagon Alley seven times since the 27th of March. Meaning James Potters birthday party was the last happy memory some people have of those that were murdered.

37.

That's how many people had lost their family that week.

37 families.

37 children had their mother or father or brother or sister ripped from their grasp.

37 life's never to be the same.

37 smiles were lost that week.

But on the morning of April 9th 1978, James Potter lost his smile too.

Because as he looked at his girlfriend who lay in the hospital wing. Deathly pale. Icey to the touch.

Magicless.

He thought he would never smile again.

He thought back to that very morning. He thought back to when everything was ok.

"James I don't feel too well." Mia said with a pout as her and the Potter boy lay in bed.

James reached his hand over to touch her forehead.

"You don't have a temperature love." He said as he planted a kiss where his hand had just felt.

"My head hurts and i'm fucking freezing." She said with a sigh. James hopped off the bed quickly and grabbed a large woollen blanket to wrap Mia up with.

He cuddled her into his side and rested his head on top of hers to keep her warm.

The pair drifted off into a happy rest absorbed in the comfort of each other's arms. But even the safety of James Potter's embrace could not prevent the spell consuming Mia's mind.

Draining her of her magic.

'Respice ad Animum' A hissing voice echoed in Mia's head disrupting her slumber.

Her body began squirming subconsciously. Her heart could feel the warmth leaving it. The essence of her being, sucked from her soul.

Her magic was being pulled from her body and poured into Tom Marvolo Riddle's.

James stirred as he felt the bed shifting beside him.

Mia was sweating profusely as she tossed around, but he retracted his hand in shock at the coldness of her body.

"Mia." He said loudly as he tried shaking her awake.

"Mia." He sound increasing in volume.

He began prodding her shoulders with slightly more force growing more concerned by the second as his girlfriend did not respond.

After a few heavy shakes Mia's eyes flew open.

James recoiled at what he saw.

Her once blue irises now glowed a terrible green. A dark murky green. A green so dark and dangerous it may as well have been black.

"Her weakness is my strength.
Her downfall is my uprising.
The child born of magic shall die void of power."

A cold voice racked through Mia's body scaring James to no end.