Chapter 37.

"Greetings my children."

His voice rang through the house like an echo off a cave wall.

Terror cascaded through Mia's veins, freezing them. She felt completely paralysed with fright. The air had turned stale. Any trace of colour had been drained from every single orifice in the room. Her body felt heavy as though an unknown force of pure evil was weighing her down.

It was as if the presence of a man with such evil had eradicated any trace of joy.

"Come. Sit." He demanded in his snake like tone.

Mia and Regulus shuffled meekly after their parents into the dining room. They were met with a large oak table running the length of the large space with many chars situated very close together. However, the most intimating part of it all was the 20 pairs of beady eyes preying on the two young teenagers.

They felt like plate of food waiting to be devoured by predators.

And really, that wasn't far off.

It was only a matter of time before the death eaters swooped in and forced them as a part of their cult.

Mia tried desperately hard to calm her breathing. She could feel the uncomfortable buzzing pulsating through her. The painful shakiness racking her body. Her vision was blurring as panic struck her.

She stared at the floor as the death eaters began mumbling amongst themselves awaiting the start of the meeting.

"And so it begins." A voice bellowed.

"It is with great pleasure, that I introduce our youngest followers. Children of the noble house of Black. A rich and pure bloodline that holds immense power. They shall be a great asset. Of course that is only if they indeed accept?" He announced with an icy chuckle. The last part was posed as a question. However, the evil grin that was plastered on the Dark Lord's features indicated that should Mia or Regulus deny this proposal, it would mean certain death.

Death.

Mia had never really thought about what death would do to herself. But more what it would do to those she loved.

Who would hold Sirius's hand after he'd had a nightmare?

Who would stroke Reggie's hair when he was ill and needed soothing?

Who would read to Remus after a full moon when he was bed ridden and in pain?

Who would Evelyn show all her cool muggle possessions to after her birthday or Christmas?

And lastly, who would kiss James's cheek before a quidditch match? Who would force him to brush his hair once a week? And who would lay with him and watch the stars twinkle in the sky?

No one.

No one would.

Because if Mia Black died, the a large hole would crack in everyone's heart, and they would never be repaired again.

So she decided quite simply. That she couldn't die. She refused to. This would not be the end of Mia Black. Her life would not end because she chose the light. And neither would Regulus's.

She took her seat next to Regulus as the meeting began trying to formulate some form of plan to escape.

She had to.

Even if it meant she was trapped, she had to get Reggie out.

She was all he had left.

She had to protect him.