Chapter 24.

After lounging about for a while longer in James arms. Mia and the Marauders had gotten dressed and ready for breakfast. They walked down to the Great Hall knowing they would only be able to grab a quick bite seeing as they were extremely late getting up.

Many people wished Happy Birthday to Sirius on their way down but not a single person even spared Mia a second glance. Not because they didn't like her, simply because they didn't know her. Mia couldn't help the small stab of sadness that pressed into her chest knowing that she would never be what Sirius was. No one would ever have passing inside jokes with her. No one would ever invite her to the parties. Because to outsiders, Mia was simply a snakey Slytherin. The twin that obeys her parents. People think that she agrees with Walburga and Orion Black's prejudice views simply due to the fact that she lives with them. And so, no one ever bothers to make an effort to get to truly know her.

James seemed to notice Mia's quietness. He had been rather worried about her since she woke up earlier. But seeing as it was her Birthday, it wasn't really the day for a heart to heart so James decided it would be more beneficial to try and elicit a smile from the girl rather than the truth about her feelings.

As they entered the Hall, Evelyn immediately stood up from her seat at the Hufflepuff table and encased Mia in a gigantic hug.

Mia felt a yellow spark erupt in her stomach. Being appreciated like how Evelyn appreciated Mia was enough to make anyone happy. Because they truly were sisters.

"I'm proud of you Mimi. You made it so far." Evelyn whispered into the hug.

The truth was, Evelyn was proud of Mia. Beyond proud. Because there were points in Mia's life when Evelyn wasn't sure if she would pull through. So the very fact that Mia was stood before her as a newly turned 18 year old, just proves the unbeatable strength that Mia Black possesses.

The Marauders, Mia and Evelyn all sauntered down to the Gryffindor table and sat down happily chatting as they gobbled down the delicious Hogwart's breakfast food.

However, throughout the meal, Mia bore a hot red tint to her cheeks thanks to James, Remus and Peter's Quin Quartet of Happy Birthday. Which had obviously drawn the attention of the entirety of the people sat in the Great Hall, meaning everyone's eyes were in the twins.

After they had finished eating they milled around in corridors thinking of ways to kill time before the party later.

"There's nothing to do." James grumbled.

"I'm bored." Sirius whined.

"Hide and seek!" Mia exclaimed.

Everyone groaned, absolutely hating the idea.

"But it's my birthday." She said with a large pout and puppy dog eyes.

A few moments of silence went by as everyone weighed the options. But Mia was correct, it was her birthday so they really had no choice but obey her wishes.

"Fine." Sirius moaned elongating the word.

"Right so two teams. Me and James and Evelyn versus You and Remus and Peter." She said clapping her hands excitedly.

"No cheating, the Marauders Map is off limits and so is the Ravenclaw and Slytherin common rooms. Oh yeah and no magic." Mia instructed.

Sirius stared at her and spat in his hand before sticking it out mischievously.

Mia scoffed at this and mumbled something about his bad hygiene but shook it none the less.

"May the best twin win." He spoke smugly.

"Aw don't worry Padfoot, I will." She replied clearly and confidently.

"You can't count first, you have 30 minutes to find us. Then we can switch roles."

Sirius then turned and faced the wall and began counting to 100. Mia and James squeaked as Evelyn had already began sprinting off leading them in the direction of the classrooms.

"This way." She said very out of breathe. Mia and Evelyn were both rather unfit due to their blatant lack of exercise. But James had not even broken a sweat as they entered a dark potions classroom.

"Right, me and James will go in that cupboard and you can hide under that ivy plant over there."

The three teenagers ran to their respective sides of the room and hid.

James held Mia's hand as they sat in the large cupboard. They were cuddled up rather closely to keep themselves as much out of sight as possible. His thumb brushing over her knuckles soothingly. He turned to look at her and whispered.

"I'm bored."

They had only been hiding for 10 minutes but James Potter had the attention span of a three year old. So ten minutes was probably more like five hours for him.

Mia looked at him and scowled.

"Sshh. We have to beat Sirius. So stay quiet." She demanded.

James waited for a few mor minutes but grew fidgety the longer he waited.

After short while he adjusted to the space by pulling Mia directly onto his lap so she was straddling him.

Even in the dark cramped space he could still see the blush that rose to their cheeks and spread down her neck.

"So is the birthday girl having fun?" He asked.

"More than you know." She whispered cheekily and leaned down to kiss him.

He kissed back with utmost ferocity which frightened Mia a little. James's hand were planted firmly on her waist but then began to venture downwards. His palms reached her backside and rested there.

An uncomfortably hot temperature was rising in the cupboard making Mia begin gasping a little. James hand were tangled in her hair as he began kissing her neck.

Mia had never in her life felt a sensation like it. She had always wondered what girls found so appealing about a boy kissing their neck. Well, now she knew.

A small moan erupted from her mouth and she instantly pulled back and clapped a hand over her mouth.

"Sshh. We have to beat Sirius. So stay quiet." He mimicked her from earlier. A chuckle fell from Mia's mouth.

Even through her facade of confidence James could tell that Mia was nervous, maybe even worried about expressing her desires in front of him. So he reached out to let her know she could be comfortable around him.

He stretched his arm around her and pulled Mia to his chest. His fingers ran long stripes down her back to try any soothe any nerves away.

"Happy Birthday love." He cooed in her ear.

Mia simply hummed in response, too caught up in being snuggled into James safe chest to really process his words. All thoughts of hide and seek completely forgotten.

They stayed in that position waiting patiently for Sirius to figure out their very simple hiding spot.

Just as Mia was slipping into a daze, the door was thrown open and light blared into Mia and James' eyes.

"Found you wankers." Sirius yelled and pulled them up off the ground ignoring their shouts of protest.

After Mia, James and Evelyn had all exited their hiding spots they gave up on the game of hide and seek. The next thought in their minds being the party.

Mia was almost shaking with nerves. She was so worried about the party but also slightly exited. There was going to be many people, many drinks and many pairs of eyes on her.

This was a recipe for disaster.

This may have been the crappiest chapter I have written yet 😀
Anyways next one will be frantic and juicy so stay tuned. I can't tell you how grateful I am for all you people reading this. Hope you enjoyed and please comment your thoughts!
~M