Chapter 51.

It had been three days.

Three days since Mia had been rendered unconscious.

Three days since Mia had lost her magic.

For Three days James Potter had been sat in the library pouring over every single word in every single book he could find about dark magic.

But no one could shake the chilling feeling of impending doom from their bones.

A fear that she would not wake up. Even though Madam Pomfrey and Dumbledore had assured them many times she would awaken when her body was fuelled enough to function without magic.

The war raged on outside the walls of Hogwarts. Destroying families. Taking lives.

The war was tearing apart the wizarding world.

But the thing that frightened James Potter most was not the ravaging chaos beyond the stone walls of the school but the likelihood of Mia being like this forever. 

On the verge of death.

Because the curse that had been so cruelly cast on the poor girl was unprecedented.

Uncharted.

Unknown.

And as far as the tea stained fraying pages of every book that Hogwarts possessed, this curse did not exist.

Maybe all hope was lost.

The Marauders, The Prewett twins and Lily and her friends were all sat solemnly around the glowing embers of the fire.

Lily was sat curled up on Fabian's lap. Marlene and Alice sat on the floor shoulder to shoulder with Gideon whilst Mary and Peter sat timidly with their hands touching.

Remus and Sirius sat as close as humanly possible. The only way they could think of pouring comfort upon each other was by being physically being present so they held one another in their arms.

James Potter sat on the armchair at the edge of the circle.

Isolated.

Alone.

He had never felt heartbreak until three days ago.

He thought he'd felt heart break when he found out Mia had been making herself sick, he thought he'd felt heartbreak when Sirius had stumbled on his doorstep barely alive. But neither of those things were even mildly close to the soul shattering pain he felt at that moment.

Mia was magicless potentially dying. And there was not a single thing that he could do.

However, even through all the pain he couldn't help the nagging in the back of his brain reminding him of what Mia had said moments before her black out.

James had informed Dumbledore of the terrifying message that Voldemort or an equally as evil follower of Voldemort had seemingly tried to send him through Mia's body.

"Her weakness is my strength.
Her downfall is my uprising.
The child born of magic shall die void of any power."

It was no secret that Mia was a hardworking witch. After all with parents like hers she had to be. However, despite her efforts to excel, she was always just...average. Never able to quite get top grades, whilst rarely failing. Average.

"I'm going to visit Mia." James announced quietly whilst making his way out the door.

The others barely had time to mutter an acknowledgement before he was gone.

James swiftly made it to the hospital wing but paused cautiously outside when he saw a flickering candle illuminating the room. As he crept closer to the ajar door, he could hear the soft whispers of two voices.