Chapter 12.

The next day was spent resting in the arms of Fabian Prewett for Mia. The soft feeling of his muscly torso beneath her as she was sprawled out on top of him, made Mia feel safe. The safest she had ever felt.

However, she knew that she couldn't let her grades slip because of a stupid boy with messy hair and glasses. So she disentangled herself from Fabians limbs and hauled her body out of bed.

She took a moment to admire the sleeping boy. The way giant wavy copper hair splayed across his forehead. The way his plump lips were tugged up into a smirk even while he was in a deep slumber. The way his rosy cheeks shone in the early morning rays.

But as Mia admired the sleeping figure, an uneasy feeling washed over her. What was she doing? She couldn't keep letting her guard down. And what the hell were her and Fabian even doing? She assumed that he liked her in a romantic way but he had never confirmed that and she wasn't even sure how she herself felt.

They'd only been hanging out for a couple of days but she's never connected with anyone like the way she connected with Fabian Prewett.

And now that any form of romance or even friendship ties had been severed with James, why not give love a chance?

She certainly didn't love Fabian Prewett. Love is a very strong word. Too strong to describe a teenage romance. But she really liked him.

With that in mind, Mia collected her school uniform and hopped in the shower. She pulled the curtain across and turned the water on. As she let the warm soapy water run over body she thought about everything that had happened in the past 24 hours. Not only had she completely lost James, but she wasn't sure where Sirius stood with everything.

She wasn't sure if she cared where he stood.

Over the years Mia had gotten countless detentions for punching or hexing people that insulted her brother, so why wasn't he as quick to defend her?

Maybe he just didn't care that much. Mia knew she was a rather caring person but she would've expected her twin to stand up for her,
or at least come to check on her that evening.

But alas, Sirius was nowhere to be seen.

Mia was pulled from her thoughts when the bathroom door opened.

A shirtless Fabian Prewett stood in front of the sink and splashed his face with cold water. Before Mia even had a chance to overcome her shock she gaped at Fabian's abs. Quidditch had done him good.

"Bloody Fuck!" Fabian suddenly exclaimed.

Mia was ripped from her drooling and squeaked in surprise.

Fabian brought his hands up to his eyes and scrambled towards the door.

"I'm so sorry Mia. I didn't even think about who was in the shower I forgot I was in your dorm, um, shit I'm sorry." He rambled as Mia wrapped the shower curtain around her self.

A heated blush rose to her face as she was now feeling extremely self conscious.

This was the most of her body a boy had ever seen.

Fabian sensed her discomfort and turned around so he was facing the wall.

"Look I'll leave now." He rambled.

He hopped out the door and Mia let out a baited breath. She was a little sad, Fabian seemed to have lost his cheeky ways around Mia now. I mean she loved his caring and sweet nature but she missed the banter and pranks that they had shared before.

But not a moment after she thought that, the door swung open and Fabian's ginger head popped round.

"Just thought you should know, you have a bloody fit ass Mia." He said teasingly.

"FABIAN PREWETT!" Mia shrieked as she threw a random sponge at him as he swiftly closed the door. She hated to admit it, but his comment had made a swell of confidence cascade through her heart.

"Prewett!" She called out.

She heard a loud thud and Fabian yet again appeared at the door.

"Yeah Black." He said.

Her heart leaped at the familiar nickname.

"You have a bloody fit ass too." She said coyly.

Fabian turned around mischievously and wiggled his bum in a horrible attempt at twerking.

Mia was practically screaming with laughter. She couldn't physically breath as she watched the red head have a similar reaction. Mia's chest was wheezing and tears streamed out of her eyes from pure joy.

But with one last chuckle Fabian really did leave.

Mia had momentarily forgotten all about the pain and focused on this glimmer of yellow hope as she laughed quietly to herself.

She felt like one of those cheesy girls from a romcom movie that her and Sirius had snuck out to see at a muggle cinema. Except with wonkier teeth and chubbier cheeks. But she still felt like she was on cloud 9 none the less.

Mia spent the next hour getting ready for class. But every minute that went by, the gaping wound in her heart got increasingly bigger as she no longer had any distractions from the argument from last night.

But she forced herself to collect her books and parchment into her satchel.

She scurried around grabbing bits of rye parchment and placing them together in organised piles.

She picked up her potions workbook and huffed when several pieces of well used parchment slipped out and were strewn across the floor.

She bent down to pick it up but recognised the handwriting as someone else's.

James fucking Fleamont Potter.

His messy scrawl was written at different angles across the page. In the corner he had drawn little animal figures.

A wolf.

A dog.

A rat.

A stag.

And an eagle.

Tears began to instantly run down her face as she looked at the ink pictures. She was so bloody emotional now.

Damn you James Potter.

Her nose was runny and her eyes red and puffy for what seemed like 1000th time.

It was like this hollow pain that never went away.

It ate away at her.

She felt like she lost him. She had pushed away the two people she loved most because she piled her stupid problems on them. Maybe what James said was true and she just hadn't realised she was manipulating people. Maybe she was more like her parents than she thought.

But at least now she knew. People didn't like problems. So people wouldn't like her if they knew the real Mia Black.

She ran out of the common room as she realised she had almost missed breakfast. She zoomed through countless hallways and stomped on the stone floor.

Suddenly someone emerged from the alcove to her right and harshly gripped her wrist. Whilst covering her mouth roughly they yanked her into an empty classroom. They let her go and she whirled around to find the culprit of her scare.

She was met with piercing stormy grey eyes, bluey green rings surrounding the black iris's.

She instantly relaxed and her heartbeat slowed. A surge of love and relief poured through her.

"Mimi." He said quietly.

Ahhh sorry to live it on kind of a cliffhanger but you can probably guess who it is.
Thank you so much to everyone who has been voting it honestly makes me smile when seeing notifications saying you guys have voted or commented!!
Anyways hoped you enjoyed this, I really hope you guys don't find this book to boring or predictable!! In a few chapters things are going to get bloody dramatic and the plot will be revealed so hang in there if you aren't enjoying it so far.
~M