Meant to be

The elevator door opened and in came the rushed footsteps of secretary Cho who looked out of breath as she made her way to the CEO's office where her boss was surely waiting for her.

She knocked a few times before hearing that low baritone voice that sounded deeper than the ocean.

"Sir.." Secretary Cho greeted and bowed as soon as she opened the door and entered the room where a fuming CEO awaited her.

"15 minutes late, Secretary Cho." Taehyung greeted back with a deep frown.

"I'm sorry, Sir. There was a problem with the-"

"Did I ask why?" Taehyung cut her off which was something the secretary was so used to by now after three years of working under her temperamental boss.

"Sorry, Sir." Secretary Cho murmured before handing the schedule for the week.

"Sir, allow me to remind the schedule for the day. You are to attend the meeting at 2 pm with Mr. Han for the signing of the project in Gangnam. Then at 4 pm is the meeting with the board members for some updates in the ongoing projects in Jeju. Lastly at 7 pm is the dinner party for the launching of LV's Fall-Winter Collection." She pointed to which Taehyung simply nodded to dismiss her.

With a wave of the hand from her boss, Secretary Cho quietly left the room.

Once alone, Taehyung could only sigh, brushing a hand over his brunet locks as he started his day with the reading and signing of paperworks.

It was like any other day, nothing new, nothing eventful.

Another boring day in the office.

Taehyung sighed once more, hand stopping as he leaned on the backrest of his chair.

When did life get so boring? So tiring?

As he stared at the ceiling with nothing in mind, his phone suddenly rang which he immediately answered.

"Babe."

Taehyung smiled at the endearment.

"Hey babe." He answered back as he started spinning his chair around.

"What are you doing now?"

Taehyung stopped the chair as he looked at the scenery from outside the glass window.

"Just signing papers." He answered.

"Must be boring."

Taehyung couldn't help but chuckle.

"You bet." He responded with a small smile creeping on his lips.

"What about you? Don't tell me you're at the gym again?" Taehyung added.

"No, I'm not. I'm just watching movies, spending time before tonight's event."

"Very well. I'll see you tonight." Taehyung uttered as a promise to meet the other.

"I love you."

Those words stopped the brunet for a moment before finding the voice to respond.

"Love you." Taehyung whispered, ending the call in a snap.