That Summer 3

It was a busy morning in the Jeon's household. Everyone's preparing for Christmas, happening in two days.

Mrs. Jeon is so excited as she wraps her gifts in the living room, while her husband watches her intently.

"When's your son coming home?" Mr. Jeon asked after a while.

The old woman beamed excitedly. "He's coming later. I got a call from him, said he's on his way." She placed her finely wrapped gifts underneath their Christmas tree.

"Is he bringing someone along?" Mr. Jeon peered as he finally stood and helped his wife.

Mrs. Jeon just shrugged her shoulders. "I don't really know." She smiled at him as she continues to fix the decorations on the tree.

A sound of a car parking in front of their house caught both of their attention.

"I think that's him." Mrs. Jeon hurriedly went to the door, her wide smile lighting up the whole place as she welcomed her son with a warm embrace.

"My Kookie!" Mrs. Jeon delightedly kissed Jungkook's cheeks, making the latter scratch his head in embarrassment.

"Mom, I'm already 26. No need for the kisses." Jungkook grinned, hugging his mother back.

"I don't care whether you're 40 or what. You're still my baby."

Jimin went out of the car after parking it in the garage.

"Thank you son, for picking up my Kookie." Mrs. Jeon muttered, kissing Jimin on his cheeks.

"No problem, Mama." Jimin grinned as he went to the trunk and unloaded Jungkook's suitcase and other stuff.

Jungkook came to help Jimin and took his things inside the house.

"How's New York?" Mr. Jeon asked, embracing Jungkook as well.

The ravenette just shrugged his shoulders, "It's good but still, nothing beats home." He grinned, tapping his father's back as he returned his embrace.

"Your mom cooked your favorite." Mr. Jeon added.

"Thanks, but save it for later. Jetlag's killing me." the ravenette grunted as he caressed his temple. He took his things upstairs.

"Is my room still here?" he stopped in front of the door in the right wing of the second floor, opening it slowly, revealing his room that didn't change one bit.

Jimin came to his side. "Yep. Mama didn't let anyone touch anything in this room since you left."

Jungkook nodded his head, roaming his eyes around the room, feeling nostalgic. Everything's the same as it was 8 years ago.

"Call me if you need anything, Kook. I'll be in my room." Jimin tapped his shoulder before heading to his own room.

"Thanks, Chim." Jungkook muttered, closing the door behind. He settled on his bed, hand gliding down the mattress as he smiled softly.

Nothing's changed.

Only him has changed.

Jungkook sighed, thrashing his body on the bed, arms wide like a starfish. He stared at the ceiling as sleep takes over him.

It was past 8 in the evening when Jungkook woke up. He slowly went out of his room, seeing his mom and dad chilling in the living room with Jimin.

"Hey, sweetie. You hungry?" Mrs. Jeon asked as soon as she saw him.

Jungkook nodded his head, passing by the living room and into the kitchen. Jimin followed him and sat in one of the stools in the dining.

"The pasta's on the fridge." Jimin said as he watched him intently.