That Summer 5

Jungkook roamed his eyes around the house, noticing the pictures placed on top of what seems to be a drawer.

With the glass of water in hand, he carefully studied the pictures and saw Taehyung with a beautiful woman, blonde, blue-eyed, tall.... definitely a very pretty woman.

The ravenette stared at her and found resemblance to Taehyung's child which only makes her... the mother of Jennie.. and Taehyung's wife.

Jungkook turned around harshly, hand gripping the glass too hard. He felt envious and angry because she.......she was chosen by Taehyung.

His train of thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a closing door and careful footsteps.

"Jennie's asleep." Taehyung muttered, leaning on the couch, maintaining a safe distance to where Jungkook is standing.

"Thank you for driving us home and sorry for the trouble." He added in a soft voice.

Jungkook didn't respond, instead he looked at the pictures once more.

"So, where is her mother?" He asked, not hesitating.

There's a long silence. Taehyung turned his back, not wanting to talk about the mother of his child.

"It's getting late. It's better if you'll go home now." He uttered in a low voice. "Thank you again."

The brunet took a step towards his own room, only to be gripped by Jungkook in the arm.

He gasped, turning around to see Jungkook with his head hanging low, grip tightening around his arm even more.

And Taehyung would be damned if he didn't feel something warm in the touch, but this sends an alarm in his system.

"Jungkook.. let go of me." He said in uncertainty.

However, the ravenette didn't let go of him. He just stood there as if he's holding himself not to do something they'll both regret.

Taehyung bit his lower lip, his fear consuming him. He's not afraid of Jungkook. He's afraid of the feelings he still has for him all these years, locked up deep inside his heart because that's how it should be.

He could never let his feelings get in the way of what's right.

"Please, Jungkook." He begged. Every moment passes with Jungkook's hand on his arm only worsen his resolve.

Jungkook sighed, slowly removing his hand from him. He turned his back on the brunet, walking away with his head hanging low.

Taehyung followed him to the door. He could feel the tension in the air, and Jungkook's anger. He quietly walked behind Jungkook who suddenly stopped.

"Why did you leave me?"

The brunet gulped, hearing the pain in Jungkook's voice. He was caught off guard by the question. He never thought Jungkook would suddenly bring the past back.

"Is it because of her?" Jungkook asked, controlling his emotions that suddenly consume him. He turned to look at the brunet who didn't meet his gaze.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Just... just go." Taehyung uttered under his breath. He pushed Jungkook out of the door, but the latter just grabbed him by the shoulder and slammed him on the wall.

"Answer me, Taehyung." Jungkook said in a desperate voice. His eyes mirror the loneliness and pain his heart has been feeling. "Why did you suddenly leave me?" He asked, eyes locked on the brunet's hazel ones.

"Have you ever loved me?" Jungkook's voice begins to crack, his eyes pleading Taehyung to say yes.

Taehyung lowered his head, eyes begin to water. He could feel Jungkook's pain and it hurts him to the core, knowing fully well that he's the reason behind it. However, he couldn't let himself be driven by emotions.