Invited

The scorching heat irritates the shit out of Taehyung as he drags his feet to the entrance of the school building.

Students started to greet the not so in the mood professor who annoyingly wipes his sweat with his hanky.

"Good morning sir." A girl in red fitted blouse and skimpy shorts tried her luck, only to be given sharp stares by the older.

"Who in the world let you enter the school campus with that attire Ms. Tan?" Taehyung glared at the girl who turned pale instantly.

The handsome professor is obviously not in the mood for games right now. He's pissed off to his bones which proves that the rumor is true.

A rumor has been circulating the campus, God knows how, that he had received a wedding invitation from his ex lover, the one who, according to many, has shattered his heart into tiny bits.

The girl doesn't know what to respond aside from a small "sorry" before dashing to the hallway, doing her best to get away from the man who looks like he's about to beat some sense out of her.

Taehyung sighed, trying all his might to control the raging anger that he feels at the moment. He's been seeing red the whole week because of a certain someone who has invited him to a fucking wedding.

The same person who promised to take him to church someday.

Damn.

He's fulfilling his promise alright. Taking him to church, however, Taehyung is not the bride.

He'll be just a mere audience of the man he loves so much, being wedded to a faceless bitch that Taehyung doesn't even want to see.

And that fucking hurts him to the core. He had cried countless of times, thinking about the reasons why their love didn't workout.

Where did it go wrong?

They were so in love. Not one moment was spent without the smile and happiness in their faces.

Everything is perfect.

At least for Taehyung.

He tried to blink the tears away before heading to his class where he needs to pretend like a robot without emotions.

And that is how his day went by. Him being lonely and alone, concealing the pain with a perfect facade for everyone to see that he's okay.

Yeah. He's okay.

----

And the wedding day arrived to Taehyung's distaste.

Actually, he has an option not to go. Just pretend that he didn't receive any invitation, and everything is good.

But fuck it.

He has to attend. Even if it means getting his heart broken all over again.

Taehyung needs to see the look on his ex lover's face once he sees him. He badly needs to know the kind of woman who stole his lover from him.

That's why Taehyung is sitting near the aisle, a spot with the most perfect view. He's wearing a black suit, which he was forced to wear just for the sake of it.

He's been wanting to wear a bloody red suit for today, with a banner that screams "I'M THE QUEEN YOU LEFT FOR THAT BITCH!" but decided not to do so, for his own reputation.

Taehyung wants to get even but not in that kind of way. He's an educated man so he must act like one.

The wedding song started to play and everyone turned their heads at the entrance.

And there he is. Walking in all his glory that takes Taehyung's breath away. He's wearing a white elegant suite that highlights his toned body and those sinful thighs that Taehyung always wants to ride.

His strides were long, unmindful of the people eyeing him with too much appreciation and some, like Taehyung, with lust. He passed through the aisle with his bestman.

Taehyung held his breath. He's nearing where he was sitting and before he knew it, he stood and did the most idiotic move that he will regret later on.

"JUNGKOOK!"

With that one wrong move, and a simple call on the name he used to call everyday, everything shattered, his hope, pride, and love for the man who stopped in front of him. Shock visible on his handsome face as he stood there for awhile before turning his gaze away from Taehyung, and walking straight to the altar.

He ignored him like he's a total stranger. Like he's the biggest mistake he has ever committed.

And that ended everything for Taehyung.

He ran towards the door, not minding the curious stares of other people as he wipes away his tears.

No more.

He will not cry anymore. Not over a man who just leaves him without enough reasons.

Not for a man who didn't treasure the love he had given him for five fucking years.

Not for a man who chose to hurt him and make him feel like a total disgrace and disappointment.

Not for a man like Jeon Jungkook.

Before Taehyung could even ran past the church door, a white car stopped in front of him.

The door opened, revealing an elegant woman in white long dress, with a bouquet of white roses in her hands. She's smiling oh so beautifully, happiness visible in her eyes as she walks up the stairs.

Taehyung held his breath, pain eating his whole system as he breathed in her whole physique. And something hits him like a knife, piercing through his heart.

She's everything he's not.

With that, Taehyung ran away as fast as possible. He wants to get away from this place.

He needs to get away if he still wants to save himself from another heartbreak.

------

🙃