That Summer

"Son! Come down here! We're gonna be late!"

Jungkook groaned in frustration as he lifts his backpack on his shoulder, face showing irritation at the fact that he has to spend his summer on the countryside.

Worst, spend it with relatives he doesn't even know. His relatives on his mother's side.

"Jeon Jungkook! Hurry your ass down here!!"

The ravenette rolled his eyes, hearing his mother's booming voice again. He sloppily went downstairs as his eyes keep on rolling in an attempt to flaunt how irritated he is at the idea of his forced summer vacation.

If he's in charge, he would've just stayed in his room for the whole break, play overwatch and nothing more. He's not really the type to be socializing with other people.

Needless to say, Jungkook is a 16 year old introvert.

He doesn't get along well with other people because he finds it bothersome, pleasing other people so that you can hang out with them?

Hell no.

Jungkook would rather be alone. He's good at being alone.

"Young man! What's taking you so long? You know we still have a long way to travel! Get your ass here!" His mom called out once more, well most likely shouted out once more.

"Coming!!" Jungkook shouted back, voice full of irritation as he runs downstairs and into the van waiting for him.

He quickly placed his backpack at the back of the van before climbing on the passenger seat, barely even glancing at the people sitting at the back, his uncles and aunties with his cousins.

Jungkook's parents know he loves sitting in front, opposite the driver instead of the back. He doesn't want to sit close to the others, doesn't want the feeling of being cramped up.

"Okay, now we're all set. Let's go!" his mother obviously feels giddy about this trip, opposite to what he's feeling.

During the whole ride, Jungkook has his headphones plugged on his ears, music blasting to prevent hearing any noise. He keeps his eyes close throughout the ride, dreaming about playing overwatch in his room, a perfect summer.

Jungkook felt a tap on his shoulder, making him open his eyes suddenly.

"Son, we're here. Get your things and follow. Remember what I told you, be respectful." His mother reminded before planting a soft kiss on his forehead.

Jungkook grunted, lazily getting out of the van to get his things. He followed his parents as they walk in front of a huge antique looking house, where a lot of people are waiting for them on the front porch.

"There they are!" a woman in her forties shouted in enthusiasm, hurriedly coming out of the house, hugging Jungkook's mom.

"Finally! You're able to visit us." The woman said, kissing his mom's cheeks in a greeting.

Jungkook moved away from the people as they greet one another. He stood a few meters away from them as he fumbles on his phone to put the volume a little higher.

He looked down on his feet as he draws circles on the sand, silently wishing that he could just go to his room and close the door all day.

"Jungkook, come here. Meet your auntie."

Jungkook pretended not to hear his mother's voice, dreading to lift his head and meet everyone's eyes. He doesn't want to go near them. He'll surely feel uncomfortable and suffocated.

He heard his mother sigh before speaking in a low voice, "Sorry. He's really like that. Shy and unsociable." His mother apologizes for his behavior.