Chapter Sixty-One

Savannah

After my birthday, my whole family, friends, and Jack stayed the whole day at my house watching movies and playing games. It felt good to be with everyone.

That day made me really think about moving back to Nebraska. This afternoon I'm going to be leaving to Illinois for the festival with Emily.

"Hey bitch... let's go out and eat." Kylie says.
"But it's raining... you know I enjoy being home when it rains." I respond.

"You're really gonna stay in."Mark says.
"C'mon... let's go." Jacks says jumping on me.

"Why?"
"Cause we're hungry." Kylie answers. I roll my eyes. "I can make us food." I respond. "We don't want your food. We want to go out." Kylie responds.

I sigh. "Fine."

-

"You're so adorable." Jack whispers kissing my head.
"Shit... I should leave you then." I joke.
"You wouldn't leave me for a million dollars." He laughs.

"Wanna bet? Give me the offer." I smile making him shake his head. We feel a huge bump making us kinda slide one side.

"Shit," Mark mutters, "sorry we got on a curb, turned too early." He smiles making us laugh.

When he parks the car, we get out checking the car and making sure the property was fine.
"Aww we came to Lino restaurant." I smile.

"Of course, we had to before you leave us again." Kylie laughs hugging me as Jack and Mark walk in front of walking inside.

"Well if it isn't.. Mr. and Mrs. Athletic couple." Lino smiles patting Jack before hugging me.
"Hey Lino!" We smile. "Ya'll finally remembered the old man." He jokes.

"I always remember." I smile. "Ain't your mama ever tell you not to lie to an old man." He jokes making us laugh.

"Why don't ya'll find somewhere to sit, and I'll be with y'all in a bit." He says before going behind the counter while we go to a booth.

"So how long you two been Mrs. and Mr?" Mark brings it up.

"Uhm.... we haven't been Mrs. and Mr." I laugh. "Sure.." he says. "We're just getting along better." Jack says.

"Mhm... so friends?"
We shrug our shoulders.

"Friends that kiss, cuddle, and i don't know... flirt." He jokes laughing, making us laugh.
"We're just... seeing where this road takes us." I smile before looking at Jack, smiling all cute, and kissing him.

"Aww... you guys look so cute." Kylie squeals making us laugh.

Hometown with my homeboy

-

After we finished eating we all went bowling for awhile, before we headed back to my house so I could finish packing. They sat in my room watching the tv while I packed choosing what to wear.

At a point they all started laughing over how they were arguing about who was going to win a million dollars making me laugh.

It started to hit me that I really missed this place. I missed being with my friends. All the memories we could have if I  had stayed here instead of Arizona.

Arizona just has always been a dream. I don't know if transferring would be a move for me. I'm in a opportunity where I am away from this place that I can explore or learn new things, but at the cost of being away from my family.

I wished they could move with me to Arizona. I don't think I could live without these people. Including Madi and Quinn.

As I kept looking for an outfit, being here made me realize I'd rather be here with the group then party at a festival. I texted Emily, letting her know that I wasn't able to make it and apologizing for the last minute.

Kylie, Stassie, Nate, Sammy, Johnson, Mark, and Jack all wearing a smile. All I can think about were the memories.

I zone in the moment I heard my name being called.

"Yo Savannah, please tell me you did not let Jack believe that there are extraterrestrials on our planet dressed as human beings." Sammy yells.

I quickly smile shaking my head.
"I can't change that guys mind, he'll go into his three hour long argument about how they exist." I respond making them laugh.
"You have to understand the reason why they are here in the first place and that starts with-"

"Extinction of their species." We all say laughing.

Sam

I haven't heard from Savannah in awhile and I'm starting to get nervous, anxious, and scared that I'm losing her.

I walked past Quinn today and she was scrolling through Instagram and I saw Savannah's username making me stop and grab her phone to see the picture.

It was Jack and her. "Hometown with my homeboy"

They were too close. I didn't like it.
"Sam! Give me my phone." Quinn says.
"You liked her picture?" I ask her seeing she liked it.

"It's just a picture."
"Of someone I love with another guy."
"You guys aren't dating Sam."
I pause. "I know."

"You broke up with her, you can't control her life."
"I just don't want her to move on. I need her in my life."
"No you just realized that she's happy without you and you can't stand seeing her happy with someone else." Quinn says grabbing her phone from my hands and walking away.

"You have to let her go... she needs her time." Quinn says pausing before she continued to go upstairs.

Where did I go wrong?
She makes me so happy.

Savannah

"Do you think your dad will care if I slept over?" Jack asks as we cleaned some dishes.
"Probably not, you know he loves you." I laugh putting up the dried dishes.
"Well I wasn't sure if it was okay. I didn't sleep over while you were here." He says.
"You slept over while I was gone?" I asked confused.
"Sometimes, your brothers would ask for me to stay over and sometimes it was just late for me to go home according to your parents." He answers.

I smile, not responding. It was nice hearing that my parents love him and he spent time with them while I was gone. It just made me adore Jack more than ever.

"You okay?" Jack asks. "Yeah why?"
"You just kinda zoned out on me." He answers.
"I'm sorry.. I was just thinking about basketball." I respond trying to move on from me zoning out.

"Savannah.. your dad and I are heading to bed. Don't stay up too late you two." My mom says coming into the kitchen as we finished the last few dishes.

"Okay"
"Goodnight Mrs. Melody." Jack says.
I hear her laugh slowly getting faint until I couldn't hear it.

We head up stairs to my room turning majority off the lights as we made our way leaving the hallway lights on.

"What do you want to do?" I ask as I lay down on my bed. "Hmmm... I don't know I kinda like this" he says pausing before connecting our lips making me smile.

"Jack." I whisper. "What?" He whispers back.
"My parents and siblings are here." I say pulling away. "I know, I just really wanted to kiss you." He says smiling.

That smile is engraved in my head.

"I just want to cuddle and watch whatever show or movie you want to." He says.

"We can do that." I smile snuggling closer into Jack putting on a movie.

•••