Chapter Twenty-nine

Savannah

Sam and I didn't acknowledge each other for a week, when I got on the plane he didn't wave. I sat with Helena and Tara talking about a few things.

When we landed my parents were waiting for us. They greeted both teams with a banner. I thought it was adorable. I hugged my parents. I introduced my parents to my team.

The football coach started talking to my dad and my mom with my coach.

"Are you just going back home with your parents?" Helena asks. "Yeah... I think so. I'll still be going to the team meetings and stuff." I say. "Lucky." Tara says.

"Hey... I'll invite you guys over to my place." I smile. "Sure you will." Helena laughs. "I promise!"

"Savannah! You ready to go?" Sam asks coming up to us. "For?" I ask confused. He chuckles.

"Both our parents were fine with me staying with you guys." He says.
"Oh yeah." I remember.

"Okay... I'll see you guys later tonight then?" I ask before leaving them.
Coach lets me know that she'll text me about plans for the team.

We pack our bags In the car. Sam and I silent night looking at each other the whole way. My parents try to make small talk with Sam or me. Then my brothers tried distracting us.

When we got to my house, I went to my room with my luggage while my brothers and dad tried showing him around or to his room.

It didn't take long for him to find my room since I was just down the hall. I walked downstairs to the kitchen grabbing a snack.

"Hey Savannah, why don't you take Sam out around Nebraska or to the small restaurant we like to go to." My mom suggest.
"Why don't we all Just go?" I ask.
"Your dad is fixing something and I have to go on a errand." She says.

I nod my head before going to tell Sam. I grabbed my wallet and a few money from my dads wallet.
I grab my car keys driving to the place while Sam sat in the passenger side.

"Are you happy to be back?" he asks. I nod my head. "Look Im sorry if I pissed you off, but I'm not trying to spend this time with your parents while your mad and ignoring me." He breaks.

"I never said I was mad at you." I say.
"Oh right... I'm stupid." He says

"Sam.... Look I'm sorry for bursting out on you, but I don't like being distracted or bothered or feel the pity of when I'm behind on my stuff." I explain.

"Okay and I'm sorry for doing that. I didn't know, but I do now. I'm not your friends from Nebraska, I didn't spend four years or a year with you." He says.

"Can we just move on? I got my work done." I say which he just nods his head as I park my car. Sam grabs my hand as we walk to the front of the store.

"Savannah! Where is your family? Is it just you two?" The owner asks.
"Yeah it is just us. My parents were busy." I explain. She asks what I want before letting me go take a seat.

"Everyone is nice here."
"I know."
"Everyone knows you."

"Well... Thats thanks to my parents, my athletic career,  grades, and my- Jack." I say.
"Jack? Why jack?" He asks confused as they bring out our drinks.

"Well... cause Jack was popular around Omaha. Everyone knew him because his athleticism, socialism, and the guy the mothers wanted for their daughters." I say. Plus he's so hot. Just look at Jack.

He gives me a look as if their was more to give.

The owner comes back and takes our order.
"Stay right where you are." I say to Sam. I pulled out my phone take a point of view picture and posting it on Snapchat.

In my hometown with my guy :)

Sam blushes at the picture I took of him. A little worried of what the guys would say to him. "Are you gonna come to the game?" He asks.

"Um... Im not sure. I haven't really asked... I mean I've thought about going, but I'm not sure." I answer.
"Why?"

"I don't know, we've been distant the past week I didn't really think you'd want me there." I say.
"Shut up... you know I always want you at my games." He smiles.

"I'll go to yours... as long as you come to mine." I respond. "That's in two days, then the next day is mine, then we get another day before we leave." He says fast.

"I know."
"Then we both have practice in the morning and before night falls." He adds.
"Sam! Chill.... we're gonna make it." I smile causing him to smile and nod his head.

-

After we finished eating and going around the city we go back to my house and chill with my family. I text the group chat with Kylie, Stassie, Sam, Nate, Derek, and Johnson that I was back in Nebraska for the next five days.

"Hey! You want anything?" I ask setting down my phone to go grab some food from the kitchen.
"What are you getting?" He asks.

"I don't know... I'll probably make me a smoothie and like some type of snack." I say. "Can you make me a smoothie?" He asks.

"Yeah."

I make both of us a smoothie and myself a snack before taking it to him. Right as I'm about to sit down the doorbell rang. I get up to answer it to see my friends.

"What are y'all doing here?" I ask confused.
"Duh we came to see you." Kylie says hugging me. I hug everyone.

"I was gonna come see you guys on campus." I respond. "Well... too late." Derek laughs.
"Hey..  i know you guys came to see me, but how about we hangout tomorrow?" I suggest.

"Why?"
"Cause I already have someone over." I smile awkwardly. "Okay yeah bye." They all hurry walking sway. I laugh but close the door.

"Who was it?" He asks.
"A couple of friends." I laugh sitting with him.

"What'd they want?"
"They just wanted to talk."
"Why didn't you let them in?" He asks.

"Cause I'm hanging and talking with you." I laugh.
"Plus I'll hangout with them tomorrow." I add.

"Who am i gonna hangout with?" He asks.
"Mmm... your problem, but you could always hangout with my brothers." I smile.

He laughs relaxing a bit.
"Fine... but I'll see you for dinner?" He ask. "Yes." I smile getting a kiss on the cheek.

••••