Chapter Thirty-nine

Savannah

Sam and I still talk, I don't even know if we're on a break or still dating. We've both just been busy with our own selves Especially since he couldn't choose.

He would surprise me at the library or the cafe, which I was very happy, but he'd always be called. Or they would interrupt our conversations when we would be together.

Quinn and I would spend more time together since Westen and Sam would be gone.

Finals were hell and I couldn't imagine what it was like for Madi, Quinn, and Connors final.

We didn't really do anything for Easter beside hide eggs for Sams little sister. The team hid a bunch of eggs for little kids.

I was just ready for summer. I was gonna start summer off being with my family and home.
Quinn was dropping us at the airport since both her parents were working and Sam was at football.

She takes a picture of us before leaving

Ima miss my besties

"Why do you have to leave meee?" She asks. "Parents." Madi answers. "It's not like I'm gonna miss out on something here." She sighs.

I sigh with her. "Maybe next time." I say hugging her. "Fuck You bitches." Quinn says hugging Madi. We say goodbye another twenty times before we head in and check in and going through security.

-

When we got to Nebraska. My parents were there waiting. As well as Stassie, Kylie, and Mark. I run to them with my stuff group hugging my friends then my parents.

"It feels like forever since you came back." Stassie says. "I've been gone for like four months." I smile. "Too long bitch." Mark fights back.

"Language." My dad says.
We laugh before I remember madi.

"I want to introduce you guys to Madi.... my dorm roommate." I say.
"Nice to meet you! By the way aren't you the guy from-"

"Yes the FaceTime call when Savannah first moved to Arizona." Mark cuts her off embarrassed causing all of us to laugh.

When we got to my house, I showed her to our guest room and to everyone else's room.
Kylie and Stassie got alone with Madi very well. Mark was just hanging.

"Are you okay?" I ask nudging him a bit. "Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know... you've been quiet." I say. "That's because you're always talking." He jokes making me laugh. "Shut up! No I'm not." I smile causing him to smile.

"So where's your bitch?" I ask. "What bitch?"
"You know the girl you were with."

"Nah She was just a friend."
"So why are you moping around?" I ask.
"I'm not moping." He says. I give him a look.

"Whatever, I just want to spend time with my best friend." He says. I roll my eyes.

-

My dad makes a few burgers to eat while my mom prepared desert. "Hey should I invite the other guys?" Stassie asked. I turn to my dad.

"Yeah you can, just let me know. I have to prepare more meat." He says.
I nod my head at Stassie.

A few moments passed before she told my dad.
"Is it fine if Jack, Molly, and Laura come?" Kylie whispers. "Yeah... of course. Why not?" I ask confused.

She shrugged her shoulders walking away. I help my dad with the cheese and flipping a few burgers. "Are you okay?" My dad asks.

"Yeah... of course. It's just.. different. Reminds me of before I left. I was so close to them. I still am, but it was easy to make conversation with them." I say.
"Well yeah, you haven't been in their lives. You weren't ten minutes car ride away to explain what happened." He answers.

"I know, but like.... everyone's life is different. Like is that what happens to everyone when they leave highschool?" I ask.

"I mean yeah, look at this way. You've been going to the same school with the same classmates, students, and teachers. Like for you, you had to move to another state, with new people and teachers. Your old classmates just got to a college in Nebraska and they see familiar faces."

I lean my head on his shoulder. We stay like that for a few moments before we hear the doorbell. I go answer opening to find everyone.

"Oh wow. You all came?" I asked shocked making them laugh. I invite them in. As I close the door I hear someone else.

"Hold on." They said. Confused I open the door seeing Jack.

"Hey."
"Hey, you about closed the door in my face." He jokes smiling. I smile shyly embarrassed. He chuckles going to the back.

When he turns away, I couldn't help it but make the ugliest face at myself in the mirror. Like what the fuck.

"You're still in love with Jack." Lian says coming down the stairs.
"You don't know what you're talking about." I say shocked. He gives me a look before I walked away.

-
We decided to watch a movie while eat. It was kinda awkward to me. I sat in between of Kylie and Stassie with Madi next to Stassie. While Jack and Mark sat across from us.

Mark kept making stupid faces making me laugh so I had to hide and scoot down in my seat before my parents could give me a look.
Jack started laughing and I was confused. I don't know if he thought I was laughing at him.

Why is everything soooooo confusing.

Jack and Mark started teaming up making stupid faces which I almost peed my pant if it weren't for me leaving.

When I got back the movie was over.
"What It's over?" I ask.
They all nod their heads, but Jack and Sam laughing. I get up to them shoving them playfully.

"Hey? What'd we do?" Mark asks.
"You know very well what you two did. I missed the movie." I say. "Sounds like a personal problem, Savannah. Maybe you shouldn't be on your phone." Jack says.

"Phone My ass." I sass back.
"Oh! Savannah! Tomorrow we're going to try on the dresses. Do you want to meet me there or do you wanna carpool?" Molly asks.

"Whatever works." I say.
"I'll come by then." She laughs.

"Wait you're gonna be in the wedding?" He asks shocked. "Yeah.. Molly asked me." I said.

He looked shocked making me confused, but I ignored it. "That's fine, what time?"'I ask.

"Around like 10:30 ish or 11." She says. I nod my head asking a few questions before everyone left leaving Madi and I with my family.

I go to my room, showering before getting ready to go to bed.

I go say goodnight to Madi before going back to my bed and sleeping.

••••