Chapter Nineteen

Savannah

If you thought thanksgiving came fast, Christmas came even faster than I expected. My family was flying in and they were excited to meet my friends. Tomorrow was Christmas but today was Christmas Eve.

I had early basketball practice since we would have three days off to be with family. While we practice we circled and the yearbook students came to take pictures.

Basketball fam 🏀💕

Basketball fam 🏀💕

My mom loved it, she shared it and posted it on her Facebook and stuff. Oh yeah... I am a starter here and there, I really enjoy it also. Sam has came to a few games, but in January I have to go to Nebraska to play.

Which is nerve wrecking since I'll have to see the coach. After I finished stretching, I went to shower. I met Madi in the dorm trying to figure out what to wear.

When she just said to wear my red skirt and black bodysuit. I dry my hair straightening it. Quinn and Sam then come over so we could all go together to a party.

It was weird since it was a day party, but continue to tonight since they were gonna watch a basketball game.

Madi was going to stay with this new guy she was talking to, but Quinn, Sam, and I would leave since my parents were coming. Also Sam and Quinn parents invited them to take them out to eat.

We enjoyed the whole get together. I even saw one of my teammates there, but didn't really talk to her. Either way Quinn and I took a picture together.

Who doesn't like a partayyy 🤪

Sam and I dropped Quinn off because I had to change for my parents and since their wasn't going to be enough room for all of us.

"Why can't you stay here? And I take Savannah?" Quinn asks. "Westen said he was going to pick you up, Quinn." He answers. "You don't have to be with Savannah all the time!" She yells before storming away.

My parents were staying in Phoenix. So Sams family was going to come up and be with us. We picked up my family, my dad giving Sam a weird look, but my brothers questioning him the whole time while making jokes.

We take them to the hotel. "You know we could've ordered a cab." My mom says. "Yes... but then you would yell at me later about me not picking you guys up." I say.

"So why is he here?" My dad asks. "He's the muscle of the team." I smile. "Hello sir... it's nice to meet you! I'm Sam." He smiles trying to shake my dads hand. Only for my mom to step up and hug Sam.

Sam retraces back and hugs me. "My family should be here any moment." Sam says. "Sam.... what do you do here?" My dad asks. "Well.... I go to UofA, play football, work and do errands for my family." He answers.

My mom pulls me away for a bit. "Are you liking Arizona? Or the university?" She asks. "Yeah... I've been enjoying it... I've learned new things than I did In Nebraska. Which is something you know I wanted to do that's the whole reason why I wanted to come out." I say.

"Good... making friends?" She asks. "Of course mom. It's kinda hard not to with a hyper roommate, being on the team, Sam, Quinn." I say.

"Who's Quinn?" She asks. "Sams sister." I say. "Is that how you two met?" She asks. "No." I laugh. I didn't get to answer because my dad brought Sam Over.

Sams family car then pulled up. We followed them to the restaurant which was near the water and sand. Sam and I end up walking behind everyone and slow.

"I wanted to talk to you." He says. "Okay... about what?" I ask. "Well.. I've brought it up before... us." He answers. "Okay.... what about us do you want to talk about?" I ask smiling making him crack a smile.

"I just want to tell you that I really like you.... I want to be in a relationship with you. I need to be with you or I feel just lost." He says.
"Are you asking me to be your girlfriend?" I ask smiling. He blushed, but looks away blushing even more.

"Cause if you are.... I'm gonna have to hear it. Cause I didn't waste another two dates for nothing." I say making him look at me.
"Will you be my... girlfriend?" He asks. I keep a smile on my face nodding my head. "Yes." I say he reacts so fast and picks me up twirling us.

Quinn interrupts yelling at us to hurry up. We laugh but run to catch up to them. Sam sat next to me at the dinner. For a moment everything seemed fine. And it did.

The owner took us out to the beach for awhile.

I ended up taking a picture with Sam thanks to Quinn. We made it seem normal.

After the photoshoot Sam, Quinn, and my brothers went out

After the photoshoot Sam, Quinn, and my brothers went out. My mom talking with their parents leaving my dad and I.

"How you've been?" He asks pulling me.
I sigh a little. "I've been good dad, how about you? Working a lot still?" I ask. "You know it... we gotta get that money." He jokes.

We laugh for awhile before it's silent.
"I heard the wildcats are coming to Nebraska to play the Mavericks." He says.

"Yeah.... both football and basketball. It's kinda nerve wrecking."

"Oh you'll do fine honey... your mom, brothers, and I will be there to cheer you on." He says. "Better be.... i want to be able to go home and rest." I say.

He laughs before a cough behind us interrupts. "Hey... Mr. Melody, my dad wants to talk to you." He says with a bit of intimidation.

My dad looks at Sam before nodding at me as a bye before walking away.

"You're scared of my dad." I tease him.
"He's scary."

I laugh. "You shouldn't have to be, my dads funny." I say. "Yeah cause you've grown up with him your whole life." He says.

"I'm not scared of your parents." I smile. "You will be when they find out about us." He smiles. "Meh." I laugh wrapping my hands around him, hugging him.

•••••