Chapter Twenty-two

Savannah

"Savannah we're home!" I hear. I flutter my eyes turning away and trying to sleep again. Until my brothers jump onto my bed and wake me up.

"It's 11:23!" Matt says. "You wake up late." Lian adds. I roll my eyes before pulling them with me. We play for awhile before they leave so I could shower and get dressed.

It was still cold in Nebraska so I wore comfy clothes. I went downstairs to find my mom making lunch. I ate a piece of bread and a glass of milk for breakfast.

"So.... is dad back to work?" I ask sitting on the counter. "yeah.... he just dropped all of us off before heading to work." She says. I nod my head.

"You know... he didn't mean to yell at you." She says. I don't answer her. "When do you think lunch will be ready?" I ask changing the subject.

"It's been hard on us... you not being here." She says. "It's not easy for me either... you don't think it's hard for me? Making new friends, moving away or from people I care about?" I ask her.

"No, that's not what we're saying... you just don't reach out to any of us. You know how many times your friends came or reached out to us about you." She says.

"I've been busy... I had basketball, homework, and training."  I say.
"I know honey. The fact you have a chance to even have time for a boyfriend hurt your dad... you don't even talk to your dad and he's paying for everything." She says.

"I hanged out with my friends when I could... Sam just became a part of my friends. It's not-...it wasn't intentional. We've barely been dating mom." I answer her.

We don't get to continue as the doorbell rings. We hear the boys running to answer it. I check my phone to answer Sam, Quinn, and Madi. All three of them were at the dorm and sending sc.

I wonder what they must be talking about.
"Hey Mrs. Melody.... how are you?" Jack asks coming in. I didn't even hear him. I heard the boys laughing but didn't really focus on why.

"Oh honey... I should be asking you that, but I'm fine!" My mom answers with a smile hugging him. "You know I'm always good." He responds.

"How about your dad?" She asks him. "Same as you saw him."
"Do they have any news or updates on any donors?" She asks. He shakes his head.

I look up to see Jack. Damn he looked tired and hasn't slept in hours. "I thought you would be at the hospital... I was going to go and see you guys." I say.

"Well... my dad told me to go shower and get refreshed. Almost mentioned something about taking you to get food." He said.

I look at my mom and jack back and fourth.
"Go! What are you waiting for?" She says. I laugh before getting up and going to grab shoes and my backpack of school stuff.

I text Sam letting him now I might not answer in a bit, but that I will answer him. I check my snap and see Jack posted a picture.