Chapter Eleven

Savannah

Today was Sam and I's second date, which I was pretty nervous for. He said I would be gone all day. He told me bring extra clothes. A swimsuit, comfy clothes, and my heart.

I had woken up early so I could be on the phone with my friends to explain to them everything since they wouldn't leave me alone.

Which was a very long process since sometimes they would repeat the question. Jack hasn't seen anything because I had removed him from my story where everyone else but him can see.

I wasn't ready for Jack to have the thought that I had moved on or was talking to a new guy. I was nervous for this whole thing with Sam.
Jack has been everything I wanted for the longest time. Everyone was unsure of my decisions of going on dates with Sam because I've barely been here for a month.

Sam knows that I've been talking to some old friends, but I haven't gone around to talk about Jack. Which I was planning to on our date. At least towards the end.

I hear a knock on the door causing me to hang up with my friends and see Sam ready. I motion that Madi was still asleep. Which he laughs a little covering his mouth. I grab my bag with a few things.

I leave a note for Madi and Quinn Incase She came. I'm starting to think Madi doesn't actually wake up early anymore. I get in Sams car excited for today.

"Someone's excited." He comments. "I'm just ready and nervous for what you got planned for us." I sat. "I'd say this is a perfect moment to take a picture Just so you can know that with me there's no excuse to be nervous." He says pulling out his phone.

Sam hands it to me and I go to his camera taking the picture.

Sam makes the same face as me. You could tell I was nervous, but Sam... he just looked adorable and so kissable. What did he even see in me? How?

I start a conversation on the way, but turns out he's taking me to the lake. "I would take you to the Beach, but that's a few hours." He says.

"I love the lake... any trip with you, I love." I say making him smile. "C'mon we gotta get going or we'll be out in the water all day." He says. I look at him confuse.

He starts heading down on the docks and I follow him, he talks to the guy on the boat. The guy goes back inside and brings out boards.

And paddles.

"We are not." I question him shocked. He smiles while nodding his head.
Before I couldn't get a word out he picks me up and carried me onto the boat.

He puts me down while the guy starts driving the boat out in the water. "The guy is just gonna drive us out... we'll get in the water and on the board and paddle around. He'll come back for us." Sam explains.

"I better not die." I say. "You won't." He says smiling at me. "You won't." The driver says causing me relax and smile.

We get out and the guys helps us of course I make Sam go out first then I do it. The driver makes sure we're good and that he'll be back in a hour.

We paddle a little in silence.
"It's beautiful out here." He says. "It always is." I say.  "Are you scared of paddle boarding?" He asks. I shake my head. "I Just would've imagined myself sinking into the water." I say smiling a little.

"Well if you do, you'll have to go for the items you lost in the water." He jokes. "Hahaha very funny." I laugh. "What are you afraid of?" He asks.

I stay silent thinking. I don't know. I've never really thought of that or had that feeling.

"The typical answer would probably be loosing my family or friends, but outside that answer I don't know. The fear or that feeling hasn't flowed through my body." I say. He looks at me not sure what to respond.

"What are you afraid of?" I ask him.
"Honestly... I'm afraid of the extent of what humans can do rather than other species or unknown things. Or the fact their might be unknown things existing." He says.

"What like aliens?" I ask. "Yeah... or like weird species of animals, people with different abilities rather than us normal humans, stuff that people would deny and say that's not possible." He explains.

"I mean.... if their was people with different abilities don't you think that they would know that other people can do that?" I ask.
"Sure... But they would be afraid to speak out or try and come out to the public. The government is some weird ass shit." He says causing me to laugh.

"You're dumb... but I could see the government doing some weird ass shit." I tell him. Which boost his confidence on this topic.

I smile listening to him rant on.

-

After we finished paddle boarding, we get in his car and start going somewhere. Somewhere ends up to McDonald's getting food to eat, and a few snacks from a gasoline store.

Sam starts driving again somewhere, but only to be at a drive in theatre. I start getting excited because I've always been wanting to come to these.

Sam pulls out a bunch of blankets, pillows, bags of stuff. He open the trunk and lays out the blanket. I set the pillows up. We watched as everyone else started piling in. The move hasn't started so it was just us waiting for the movie to start.

I check my phone seeing a bunch of calls, texts, and snapchats from everyone. I let everyone know I was safe and they didn't have to worry about me.

After awhile Sam makes a bold and big move. I looked at it for a solid minute just looking at it. I pretend I take a snap of the sky and take a picture of the move he made.

Bold move, right guys?

I posted it on my private. I kinda loved it tho. I waited a little after the movie started to talk about whatever was happening with Sam and I.

Once the movie was ending I talked to him.
"Are we uh-a thing?" I blurt. He stops what he's doing and looks at me.

I hear him kinda laugh.

"No... unless you want to be? I'm not in any rush, but I like you." He says. I nod my head. "Look I might be a football player, but I'm not a player or a jerk. I really am interested in you and like you for who you are." He adds.

"I really like this... and I really want to get to know you more Sam. I like you, but I don't think I'm ready for a relationship." I say.

"I understand that perfectly Savannah, I know and I will be patient to be with you." He says.
"Okay you don't have to be so cheesy." I joke.

"Shut up... get in the car." He laughs.

The rest of the ride back was all jokes and fun. We asked each other a few questions about each other, but most definitely jokes about our answers.

••••