Chapter 37

Makayla POV:

Zander and Drew have been here for two days now. Over the past two days I've gotten to know them pretty well.

Luke and Zander are both really similar. There both full of energy, and make jokes all the time. Also they both always try to make people laugh.

Drew on the other hand is kinda like a mix between Liam and Dylan. Like Dylan he's kinda intense, and seems mean. And like Liam, Drew is pretty quite, but whenever they do talk their really sweet.

I was currently sitting in the library reading a book called the Darkest Minds. I've already read the book, but it's just so good. I was on the part where Ruby just jumped into the Van with the other kids when someone walked in.

"Hey, I thought I would find you in here" Luke said plopping down next to me on the beanbag chair. "Hey, what do you need" I asked him.

"Can't your big brother just come say hello" he said with fake hurt. "He could, but I know thats not why your here" I told him raising a single eyebrow.

"Fine your right. I just came here to ask you if you wanted to come to the mall with me, Drew, Zander and Liam, to get Christmas gifts" he asked me.

"Yes I've been meaning to do that" I said excitedly. I stood up ready to leave until reality set in. "I don't have any money though" I told him sitting back down.

"Oh right about that" he started reaching into his pocket. He pulled out a sleek black card and handed it to me. "Here you go. Archer already put your monthly allowance on there" Luke told me.

I just stared at him with wide eyes not knowing what to say. I let out a small sigh as I stood up. I slipped the card into my phone case before we both headed to our room.

"Where leaving in about an hour" he called out. I yelled 'Ok' back before heading into my room, shutting my door. It was about nine o'clock so I'm guessing they wanted to be at the mall by ten thirty.

I took a quick shower before heading into my closet. I need to wear something at least kinda nice so what happened last time won't happen again.

After only twenty minutes, I finally decided on an outfit. I picked out a white jean skirt, a simple black t-shirt with a little planet on it and black converse since I'll be walking  a lot.

For my hair I decided to do two French braids into low ponytails. I added a little bit of lip gloss and mascara to complete the look.

I grabbed my phone, with my brand new debit card in the back of it, and headed downstairs to the kitchen. We I got there I was the only one there.

I check the time and saw that I had ten minutes until we left for the mall. I decided to grab an apple since I kinda skipped breakfast this morning.

In my defense though I wasn't hungry, and I really wanted to reread The Darkest Minds. I sat down at the bar stool and started eating my apple.

"Hey bite size, ready to go" I herd someone say. I felt my cheeks heat up at the nickname. I whipped my head around to find Zander standing at the entrance to the kitchen.

"Bite size?" I questioned cocking one of my eyebrows. "Yea! I herd Liam say it yesterday. I liked it so, I decided to take the nickname" he beamed. I rolled my eyes before saying, "I'm not that small, you know".

"Yes you are" he shrugged. "I'm 5'3 that's not short" I argued. "Well the average height for a woman in America is 5'4, and that's already short. So that makes you bite sized" he stated smirking.

Why did he know that off the top of his head. Was he just waiting to get into and argument about my height or something. I was going to continue to argue with him but Liam and Luke walked in.