Chapter 40

Makayla's POV:

Here we go again. Just like every bloody morning I'm sitting in my closet looking for something to wear. And now I'm saying bloody because I watched some British tv shows.

Me, lily and Sofe where on a Group FaceTime the other day. There she told me that where supposed to wear something nice when we came back from Christmas break. She says that everyone does, and that it's a way to show off what you got.

I truly don't understand why people would want to put so much effort into their outfit on the first day back. Right about now, my black sweatpants are looking really good.

I herd my phone go off and i looked down to find a text from Sofe. 'Don't forget to dress nice today. Skirts and dresses only', the text read. There goes the 'I forget' excuse. I sent a quick thumbs up emoji before I continued to look for an appropriate outfit.

"I don't know what to wear king" I groaned as I looked down a the confused puppy. I was looking at a black skater skirt when I herd a soft whine from king.

I turned to find him sitting in the middle of my skirt section. He touched something with his nose before whining again. "Did you find something boy" I asked him. He let out another soft whine and started pawing the ground.

I grabbed the skirt that king had picked out and examined it carefully. The skirt that he picked out was a simple brown skirt.

Once I grabbed the skirts king moved over to the sweater part of my closet and repeated the same thing. Understanding what he wanted from me, I grabbed the sweater that he touched.

It was a simple knit tan sweater. I put the two things together and gasped. This outfit was perfect! I can't believe my dog just picked out my outfit. I wish I had that on video so I could post it and be TikTok famous, or something.

I put the outfit on as well as some simple jewelry. I added some black doc martens to complete the look. "What do you think king" I asked giving his a spin. I yipped happily while his tail started wagging from side to side.

"Thank god you picked this out or else we would have been in there for an hour" I told he truthfully. I gave him a pat on the head before heading into my bathroom to do my hair.

I had braided it last night, so it has a nice wavy pattern to it. Not wanting to do to much, I decided on a simple half up half down braid.

Once I finished my hair I left my bathroom. I grabbed my phone and book bag before heading downstairs for breakfast.

Some how I wasn't the first person here. Liam and Luke where both already here eating some cereal. "Good morning neonata" Luke greeted me with a warm smile.

"Good morning Luke, Liam" I returned his greeting. I poured kings his food and refilled his food bowl before headed into the pantry to look for something to eat. I would just get an apple, but my brothers would through a fit.

They can't get mad if I just get a bowl of fruits. With that logic I cute up an apple, cut up some watermelon, grabbed some strawberries, added some grapes and finished it off with some cut up pineapples.

I carried my food back to the table and took the empty seat in front of Liam. "So tryouts for sprig sports are coming up, are you gonna tryout for anything" Luke asked me.

"No, I'm not really the sporty type" I told him. The truth I that I was locked in a gross house all of my life. So I never really learned how to play any of these sports. I did say that because i knew that would make them feel bad.