Chapter 44

Makayla POV:

I'm exhausted! I was currently sitting at the lunch table trying not to fall asleep. "Are you ok Makayla" Sofe asked me.

"Yea I'm ok. I just couldn't sleep last night" I half lied. Well it wasn't really a lie, it just wasn't the whole truth.

Before I left this morning Archer told me that it wouldn't be a good idea to tell my friends what happened yesterday. He said the some people where ruthless and might go after them. I could left my friends get hurt because of me.

The rest of the lunch period went by quickly. Sofe and Thomas mostly told some funny stories while I just nodded my head. I now had free period with Sofe and Atlas.

We decided to head out the field to hang out. Atlas had a soccer ball in his locker so he took it out with us. Sofe meet up with some other people who where trying out for volleyball, so she went with them to practice.

I was going to head to the bleachers to do some work but Atlas stopped me. "Makayla! You wanna play with me" he Asked me. "I don't really know how to play" I told him shyly.

"That's fine. I'll just teach you" he said with a smile. Before I could say anything else he grabbed my hand and pulled me to the center of the field.

"Ok let's start with passing me the ball" he started. "Kick the ball with the inside of your foot, like this" he demonstrated. He passed me the ball and I did as he told me.

"There you go. See it's not so hard" he smiled at me. "Now pass it back to me" he instructed. I kicked the ball like he thought me, aiming for him. "Not bad" he praised me, stopping the ball.

For the rest of our free period we continued to pass the ball back and forth. By the end of it i was kicking it into the net. Not to brag or anything, but I made a goal.

"That was a lot of fun" Atlas said as we headed back into the school. "Yea, I was" I told him. We walked to the locker rooms together before spitting.

"So how was your free period" Sofe asked me as I took my normal spot. "It was fun" I told her, confused at what she was talking about.

"I saw you and Atlas looking pretty cozy" she told me wiggling her eyebrows. "I don't think we looked cozy. We where just passing around a ball" I told her.

I felt my cheeks start to heat up from her questions. Lucky Lily joined us, stopping Sofe from her interrogation. We all quickly finished changing and headed out to the gym.

We spotted the boys over on the bleachers and headed over to them. As I was walking over to the bleachers I herd my name being called.

I turned my head to see Mr.Curry madding me over. I told Sofe to save me a seat before heading over to Coach Curry. I really hope I'm not in trouble.

"Hey Makayla, Luke and Liam just told me that your interested in being the team manager for the boys varsity soccer team. Is this true" he asked me.

"Yes it is. I thought it would be a great experience for me" I told him. "Well then if you want it the jobs yours" he told me.

"Really! Thank you" I exclaimed, a large smile making its way onto my face. "Now just now you are going to be working. Your gonna have to get water for the team, go to all the practices and games, and even help me coach sometimes" he informed me.

"I promise I will work hard coach Curry" I sincerely told him. "Well then in that case welcome aboard. Tryouts start on Monday and last for three days. I want you there to help out" he replied.

I nodded my head telling him that I understood. "Welp then I guess you should get back to your friends" he said shooing me away. I thanked him one more time before heading over to my friends.